Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup! I was 5 and in kindergarten 12/73.  Lost power for a few days…had to keep the fire place roaring day and night to stay warm. No power and no water.  Dad was a cop and working around the clock, and mom was keeping the fire going and cooking/baking potatoes for us in the fireplace by candlelight… Fond memories 

Memories of the Irish potato famine?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ha. There’s a difference between being a negative nelly and telling it like it is though. We snuck in 0.5” in an otherwise    unimpressive hemispheric look, and it’s going to get worse for snow lovers. Hopefully, we can sneak in something of more significance later this month before it gets hostile again in Jan. When we start looking good for a change, I’ll get pumped up. Until then, anyone pumped is pumping in the wrong places. 

Nobody is, or was saying to get pumped. But You’ve been a huge negative Nellie lately. And I snuck in 3 times your 0.5” Wednesday night, and picked up 1.5”.  Some snuck in 2 plus inches, when you said nothing was going to fall, and you were so sure of that.   

Yes, you’re right it’s gonna get worse this next week no doubt. Things look to be changing around the 19th or 20th. More evidence of that today as well. We’ll see if that holds as we move forward?

I’m not pumped, nor do I think anybody should get pumped at this moment, but I also don’t think we should be selling the rest of the month either, when we have 2/3 of the month left to go, with positive changes looking possible in the next 8-10 days. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

When I was a kid I remember an ice storm the 23rd or 24th, probably early 70's encyclopedia Will would probably know which year.

12/22-23/69 had a nasty ice storm over central MA. Prob the one.

Dec 1973 is a good mention by the others but that was a full week earlier on the 16th. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Yeah--no Grinch there.

There’s always plenty of room for a grinch storm in there. Esp with that SE ridge still around. 

But at least there’s good cold bleeding down and it’s an active jet so we should have chances going forward after next week’s torch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

I’m liking this progression. Torch the hell out of the region next week or so, reshuffle and roll the dice for the holiday period. Its giving me some nice weenie feels compared to blood red, magenta 500 anomalies that we are so uncannily and accustomed to seeing around the 25th. Break the chains!!! Lol

The grinch is real….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1