Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

42 and rain.   So dark I slept until past Noon (in fairness I went to bed near 4AM).  One mild week and then we have some fun I think.  The pattern change begins 12/18 and is complete 1/1.

You seem to be the exact opposite of most older folks I know. They all wake up really early. LOL

Didn't you have to wake up early for years in your medical job? That usually becomes a hard habit to break.

heh...  you can't trust anything about the discrete features embedded in that flow outside of D5 for a couple of basic philosophical reasons.

1 )    pattern change; for a lot of deeper operational physics reason, mode reshuffling in the atmosphere lends to enhancing model errors/lowering confidence in any daily solution.  That D6 to 12 is whopper pattern change.

2 )    gradient rich/velocity soaked ambient flow is compressing waves into the x-corrdinate ...while lengthening to conserve momentum/if losing out to the speed/shear smearing altogether.  Don't need pattern change to drive enhancing error in that sort of regime, yet we got that to contend with, too.

The aspect that is higher confidence is cold loading and it should be seasonal prior to Xmas ... perhaps even by next weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

You seem to be the exact opposite of most older folks I know. They all wake up really early. LOL

Didn't you have to wake up early for years in your medical job? That usually becomes a hard habit to break.

I’m definitely an outlier.   I am a night owl who had a day job I had to get up early for during my entire 50 year career.   I’d sleep in weekends and struggle through the week.   When I retired, I vowed to get 7-8 hours sleep per night.   Not having to get up early is a godsend.   When the kids were small, we got up with them like all parents but now that the nest is empty there’s no need.

My friends all want me to go to breakfast with them but I defer to a late lunch or dinner.  Some of these old farts go to bed before Kevin.   Occasionally I have meetings for my side gigs but I avoid scheduling anything before 11-12 and since work is all remote it’s low stress.  

Still dark but warming now-up to 50.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Wow--I didn't realize that it was a single, sustained tornado in KY.  Traveled 227 miles!  I have no reference points but I have to think that must be close to record-setting.

Devastating news there. Any weenier who wishes for damage should feel their pain and loss, then think twice before begging for it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m definitely an outlier.   I am a night owl who had a day job I had to get up early for during my entire 50 year career.   I’d sleep in weekends and struggle through the week.   When I retired, I vowed to get 7-8 hours sleep per night.   Not having to get up early is a godsend.   When the kids were small, we got up with them like all parents but now that the nest is empty there’s no need.

My friends all want me to go to breakfast with them but I defer to a late lunch or dinner.  Some of these old farts go to bed before Kevin.   Occasionally I have meetings for my side gigs but I avoid scheduling anything before 11-12 and since work is all remote it’s low stress.  

Still dark but warming now-up to 50.

Nice, you'd fit in somewhere like Amalfi or Barcelona. :)  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Wow--I didn't realize that it was a single, sustained tornado in KY.  Traveled 227 miles!  I have no reference points but I have to think that must be close to record-setting.

Record setting if it verifies.  Covered 4 states.  That has never been recorded before.