Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, once those south winds start roaring I torch here big time.

Same thing here... totally mixed out now and experiencing the full weight of the warm 850mb temperatures overhead.

As that inversion breaks ahead of the FROPA... here it comes.  Obs with the front and just post frontal have some incredible wind.

Dec_11_radar.gif.c16256ab1762fc37a17548f433e68e72.gif

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The snow pack sucking away sound . Step outside and you’ll hear it. It’s sickening 

It was gone earlier at home, it'll be back.  I'm just enjoying the wonder of it all.  I love this stuff.  The meteorology behind it all... mixing, inversions, wind.  Nerding out.

Love these rapid rises and drops this time of year around FROPA time.  Strong winds too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It was gone earlier, it'll be back.  I'm just enjoying the wonder of it all.  I love this stuff.  The meteorology behind it all... mixing, inversions, wind.  Nerding out.

Everyone here that hasn't mixed out is now getting QC "caution" flags.

image.png

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It was gone earlier at home, it'll be back.  I'm just enjoying the wonder of it all.  I love this stuff.  The meteorology behind it all... mixing, inversions, wind.  Nerding out.

Love these rapid rises and drops this time of year around FROPA time.  Strong winds too.

You know that sound I mentioned? I recall hearing it many times during a screamer like this. Deep pack.. and literally can hear the pack getting sucked away into the high dews. I despise it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1