• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

On 8/6/2021 at 5:37 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

As far as Euro temps .. BDL hit 90 today on a day no one thought could or forecast and it’s possible they hit it everyday thru at least next Friday . I don’t see anything other than possibly more clouds around and heavy thunder Sunday PM that would interrupt that 

strike.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PowderBeard said:

Ouch. At least the temp didn't drop 30 degrees as well!

Lots of cream haha.  Hiking down 2000ft in essentially a wet bathing suit, gets a bit raw.

But you are right, that was no cold rain.  Today was like water coming out of a spa steam room.

71/69 at local PWS… it’s gross out for 8:45pm.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You definitely didn’t drive thru Tolland to get to Enfield . Probably went thru Windham county thru Tol County into Ashford  and Willington. And if so , this suggests drinking while driving because that’s not a direct route and went way out of way 

Waze shows us the way.  I-90 to I-84 and got off in Tolland, passed Kloter Farm, up Rt 140, to Enfield

51 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Going to Dallas in the morning. 5:30 am flight. Sitting at the bar at Embassy Suites in Eastie. Supposed to be a furnace all week out there. Hi 90’s, lows about 80. 70 plus dew point.

That's more or less normal this time of year.  Enjoy it.  It's lovely to sit outside and enjoy a beer at 11PM with temps still in the low 90s.  

This is a tropical forecast.  The mins are the highest departure for sure... getting a run of upper 60s to near 70F mins along with upper 80s to near 90F maxes, that forecast is the "dog days of summer" up here.  The POPS definitely smack of a continuation of the random heavy rainers.  Seems like that pattern of hit or miss stuff that initiates off the high terrain and then drifts out from there.  Air mass storms of Caribbean vibe over NNE.  The BTV airport probably has a night where it's in the 80s at 2-3am, with a nocturnal southerly jet moving up the east side of the lake.

Forecast.jpg.06a617793b8370196affd68f64e366d3.jpg

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Waze shows us the way.  I-90 to I-84 and got off in Tolland, passed Kloter Farm, up Rt 140, to Enfield

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You definitely didn’t drive thru Tolland to get to Enfield . Probably went thru Windham county thru Tol County into Ashford  and Willington. And if so , this suggests drinking while driving because that’s not a direct route and went way out of way 

That's plausible if one is travelling more on the S/SE side of the Enfield. 140 does curve north and intersects 191 quite close to the south side of Enfield.  Coming from 84, I  usually get off further NE in Union and take 190 and than cut up Somers Rd in Somers up to 220 to get to my area of Enfield.  There has also been construction delays on 190 in Stafford and Waze has been rerouting traffic at times.  He's right that Tolland/ Ellington are more rural/suburban towns, downright country in some areas , but also pretty scenic.  It's definitely a bit  longer for me, but I enjoy driving that route sometimes to reminisce and enjoy the scenery as we drive by our old place in Ellington.  

1 minute ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

That's plausible if one is travelling more on the S/SE side of the Enfield. 140 does curve north and intersects 191 quite close to the south side of Enfield.  Coming from 84, I  usually get off further NE in Union and take 190 and than cut up Somers Rd in Somers up to 220 to get to my area of Enfield.  There has also been construction delays on 190 in Stafford and Waze has been rerouting traffic at times.  He's right that Tolland/ Ellington are more rural/suburban towns, downright country in some areas , but also pretty scenic.  It's definitely a bit  longer for me, but I enjoy driving that route sometimes to reminisce and enjoy the scenery as we drive by our old place in Ellington.  

You really can't beat the views as you ascend the massif. 

bxPbeBeEzfxOjVxzq06f8PPZQNoTqv5yQKBIi9QI

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

This is a tropical forecast.  The mins are the highest departure for sure... getting a run of upper 60s to near 70F mins along with upper 80s to near 90F maxes, that forecast is the "dog days of summer" up here.  The POPS definitely smack of a continuation of the random heavy rainers.  Seems like that pattern of hit or miss stuff that initiates off the high terrain and then drifts out from there.  Air mass storms of Caribbean vibe over NNE.  The BTV airport probably has a night where it's in the 80s at 2-3am, with a nocturnal southerly jet moving up the east side of the lake.

Forecast.jpg.06a617793b8370196affd68f64e366d3.jpg

The dog days are here starting Tuesday  , we cook. Weekend cools a bit . I think we can survive .

Euro continues to show no snow at all in the N.E over the next ten days.  It has been consistent in showing this for a number of model runs and has been bang on when it comes since May, at least, so I think it may be on to something.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

8 hours ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

Yup.  They live up off Abbe Rd.

2 hours ago, klw said:

Euro continues to show no snow at all in the N.E over the next ten days.  It has been consistent in showing this for a number of model runs and has been bang on when it comes since May, at least, so I think it may be on to something.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

:weenie:

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, klw said:

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

It's amazing how the Euro nails every forecast for no snow.

• Haha 4

mmm...  and it'll get even more and more accurate in it's ability to do so if this

( typical CNN-hyperbole +fact) / 2

...is even half right 

"That is due in part to the breakneck pace at which the planet has been recently warming, faster than scientists have previously observed. Since 2018, when the panel published a special report on the significance of 1.5-degrees, greenhouse gas emissions have continued mostly unabated and have pushed global temperatures higher."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/09/world/global-climate-change-report-un-ipcc/index.html

4 hours ago, klw said:

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Let's hope that changes for December - March...