• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

3 hours ago, wdrag said:

WAR?  Will the Western Atlantic Ridge  reassert itself and result in the verification of previous many long range outlooks of above to much above normal temps for August here in the NY area?  

And if so, when does the Atlantic Basin fire up? I see as of this 7/24 writing that our tropical topic posters seem to expect week two or three of August for activity getting going?  SST ANOM's don't look exciting (to me) but these can change. Certainly the + anoms well north of HAT (especially New England) can feed or extend the life of TC's north of Hatteras. 

7 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Are there any dew records?  Does anyone track that?

You can find them at places like IEM because of the ASOS period of record, but otherwise no. We definitely don't have a database (even paper) here at the office for instance of daily dewpoint records.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:32 PM, OceanStWx said:

You can find them at places like IEM because of the ASOS period of record, but otherwise no. We definitely don't have a database (even paper) here at the office for instance of daily dewpoint records.

Apparently there was a 33 at Concord in July one year

network_NH_ASOS__zstation_CON__var_dwpf__threshold_33__direction_below__cmap_jet__dpi_100.png

Starting off August with an early autumn air mass.  Zone forecasts up here are maxes in the upper 60s to near 70F starting Saturday.  That's pretty legit if we get some sunshine and struggle through the upper 60s in the afternoon.

Saturday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.
Sunday
Partly sunny with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.
Monday
Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.
  • Like 1

I suppose this does concern early August so moving it here

Trough for this weekend is minoring out some.  Has the complexion in both the operational Euro and GFS ( shockingly... ) to really just cease momentum and stop digging.

It's interesting.  The pattern in the operational models appears to be responding to the multi- guidance complexion of a rising NAO ...more so than that odd looking +PNA spire. Not sure what to make of the latter - it's seemingly historic in proportion in that outlook, heavily clustered too.   

I wonder if the GEFs calculation ( CPC ) is just wrong and the server needs a reboot - that's just not seemingly possible given the state of the Pacific, nor the climatology this time of year, but we'll see. 

It seems pretty clear to me that the heat in the west has helped mechanize why we are cool here over the last 20 or so days -.  That is feeding back at hemispheric scales and forcing a trough into the Lakes.  Basically the heat dome forces the flow SE over the Lakes as a geostrophic balancing/argument...

...which given time, causes heights to rise ( subtly ) and a +NAO response.  We see then the activation of the WAR signal in the D7-10 range now - it's really a non-linear large scale wave mechanics in action.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I suppose this does concern early August so moving it here

Trough for this weekend is minoring out some.  Has the complexion in both the operational Euro and GFS ( shockingly... ) to really just cease momentum and stop digging.

It's interesting.  The pattern in the operational models appears to be responding to the multi- guidance complexion of a rising NAO ...more so than that odd looking +PNA spire. Not sure what to make of the latter - it's seemingly historic in proportion in that outlook, heavily clustered too.   

I wonder if the GEFs calculation ( CPC ) is just wrong and the server needs a reboot - that's just not seemingly possible given the state of the Pacific, nor the climatology this time of year, but we'll see. 

It seems pretty clear to me that the heat in the west has helped mechanize why we are cool here over the last 20 or so days -.  That is feeding back at hemispheric scales and forcing a trough into the Lakes.  Basically the heat dome forces the flow SE over the Lakes as a geostrophic balancing/argument...

...which given time, causes heights to rise ( subtly ) and a +NAO response.  We see then the activation of the WAR signal in the D7-10 range now - it's really a non-linear large scale wave mechanics in action.

Certainly the folks that took out AC and thought it was windows open for 7-10 days are in for a rather rude and abrupt sweaty awakening next week 

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Certainly the folks that took out AC and thought it was windows open for 7-10 days are in for a rather rude and abrupt sweaty awakening next week 

Do you mean the week after? Lol I mean it's August it better be warm. Not seeing any furnace though

download (4).png

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And those doing that are approximately zero, unless they're replacing it with a new machine.  One who has installed their AC, whether in April or June, is unlikely to unship it before mid September.  :lol:

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

And those doing that are approximately zero, unless they're replacing it with a new machine.  One who has installed their AC, whether in April or June, is unlikely to unship it before mid September.  :lol:

Oh there’s several folks here that do that exact thing. They’ve posted it. Freak is one of them . Agreed, it’s insane