• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

14 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

For Thurs - Sun period? 

I certainly agree with convective threats during that period and perhaps alot of the rain that occurs during this period if more convectively driven than synoptically...though they key word here being more...as there will be synoptic aid but I don't see it being enough to support heavy rains over a widespread area. 

The pattern moving into next week could certainly favor some MCS potential, especially northern New England. 

I was thinking along the lines of D3 - 14 frankly ...ha.  Like in general.  Perhaps more so next week, sure.

Longer version: What's going on at a hemispheric scope is that the westerlies are pulling ... abandoning the previous look.  The GFS ( typically...) left a trough baggage dangling as that happens.  In somewhat contrast the Euro was more interested in 'filling' it in, and eventually flipping the wave sig and emerging a more impressive eastern ridge pervasive.  

Again, the Euro may be over-doing that specific aspect.   The GFS seems to have edged in favor of the Euro though...so, that subtle move .. it's like it plays head games and tempts us. LOL.  No but I think a 60/40 blend perhaps? 

That does situate a week long period of MCS look to me.  that's all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Another 0.68” through the tipper and I was a local min. Gene had over an inch. Time to dry it out. There’s actually algae forming on the path down to the run and I slipped and fell on it this morning. Never fell on it when it was ice before. lol

friend in Sunapee had close to 4" last night.

12 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

I have a beach day planned on Wednesday near Madison Connecticut.  Is that wave of low pressure going to keep trending closer? The rain shield seems to be inching closer with every model run 

Euro went East some but EPS stayed same. With the massive WAR building NW. it would stand to reason it keeps coming NW with downpours and storms Thursday/ Fri  GFS looks lost as usual