Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

12 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Would you rather have pressed your luck with said diseases or have gotten vaccine induced immunity. 

I think I'd rather get the vaccine and not chance it. Each disease is different too.

We've yet to fully understand the after effects of COVID. 

Yes, absolutely.  But the issue in this little part of the thread was length of immunity after recovering the disease, mostly folks who had COVID-19 before the vaccine was available.  Should those folks be treated like unvaccinated non-COVID "veterans"?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

The governments there will keep the restrictions and social engineering efforts going as they quietly pivot the rationale from fighting COVID to fighting inequality, climate change, and cybersecurity threats. These things will all be used to restrict people's freedoms and force them to become more and more dependent 

12 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Countries such as Canada and Australia are currently undergoing a "societal reset." The governments there will keep the restrictions and social engineering efforts going as they quietly pivot the rationale from fighting COVID to fighting inequality, climate change, and cybersecurity threats.

This will be the next "global crisis" imho.    There will be a 9-11 scale cyber attack on the power grid or banking system.

• Thanks 1

It's all relative.

Can't predict the future, so we live our lives now, and hope for the best, while we presume the best is not 6 ft under ground in our convenience entitled, stupefied modernism - but that's another excoriation in human failing for another time.

Canada would look like they were ahead of the game if this/these "Delta phase-II of operation kill-back" variants make the vaccine numbers less than useful.  We wait and see ...

Personally, I'm getting 'humorously' suspicious ( call it ... ) of these variances being more potent than the original.  

That is not typically how Pandemic epidemiology's historically studies demonstrate, per the reads I've come across on the subject matter.

Subsequent virus variants amid their genomic descendance are typically less injurious to the host, because it doesn't make sense for the virus to actually kill the host - that academically torpedoes its ability to spread ?  hello -    That is why Influ A and B are not as deadly as Spanish Flu...etc, and on and so on.  They become endemic with less potency,, in following this natural arc.  The literature is easy to look up.

These so-called variants are moving counter to that model - is this just a first in biological field observation?   OR, since the primary version was clearly ( get f'ing real man ) bio-engineered, maybe this DELTA bs didn't mutate from jack shit in actuality - it too was 'accidentally released'   Lol accidentally.  I mean yeah .. it mutated alright - in a centrifuge.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Identity politics is ultimately a fruitless and self-destructive dead end. The ultimate reductionist fantasy that helps no one in the end.

Identity politics is 'tribalism' period - ... a lot of which is probably more primal-instinctive, engendered over eons, than people are aware.   Yeah that's right - we do it unconsciously, we seek now.

Why?

Because at a species level of consideration, our advantage over all was formerly our intense social dependency in and of ...duh duh dunnnn   'THE TRIBE'

Working together, en masse, we concurred the Sabertooth monsters and brought down the Willy Mammoths, and survived by necessary co-dependency as the weakest, pound for pound warm blooded member in the biological kingdom of prey-predator competition ecology.  Other animals are born with the attributes to do so; our "claws" and "teeth" is/was shared information. 

It took 750,000 years of evolution to do so.  The last 500 .. 200 ..and in particular 50 years of techno-sociological emergence ( on the time scales of evolution, a cyber bomb went off) is provisionally secure, and no longer as much so requires the former evolutionary advantage - but it is a voice that cannot be muted, calling from within.  Sorry for the ooh-la-la finger snap dialogue, but it's really sort of apropos. The instinctual message that was evolved all along is not be answered by the advantages in modernism. 

People feel lost, without that community.   They can find the tribe.  It's a powder keg for dissension and schismatic fracture in the culture, because the internet offers a way for people to find and formulate that sense of tribalism that is missing in their biological imperative - which it is ... The instinct to be in the tribe, is in our genes!  But there is no tribe between the well fed individual alone with his/her smart phone, and no sense of challenge - other than what CNN tells you you should be challenged by? 

I think we are living through an evolutionary turn - it may take the next 50 generations to settle out ... probably after some form of natural ecological failure, war(s) and a cocktail or two population correction and if we make it - some new paradigm of how to be together again, when faced with all these advantages.

18 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Countries such as Canada and Australia are currently undergoing a "societal reset." The governments there will keep the restrictions and social engineering efforts going as they quietly pivot the rationale from fighting COVID to fighting inequality, climate change, and cybersecurity threats. These things will all be used to restrict people's freedoms and force them to become more and more dependent on the government. I definitely expect harsher Internet lockdowns to become the norm in these countries, followed by harsher electricity and fuel usage restrictions and food shortages. All in the name of the mommy state keeping you safe.

Ok Alex Jones. 

Why must everything be a grand conspiracy.

I prefer the internet but Christ were things a lot more peaceful before internet forums & social media became a thing. 

20 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Ok Alex Jones. 

I prefer the internet but Christ were things a lot more peaceful before internet forums & social media became a thing. 

What you mean? Its already happening

4 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Ok Alex Jones. 

Probably best to start listening to the “conspiracy theorists” a little more. A bunch of them were pretty accurate in 2020 despite folks like yourself doubting every step of the way. 

3 hours ago, natedizel said:

What you mean? Its already happening

I'm sure this is someone who said things similar to the following very confidently at various points:

"They will never shut down businesses."

"Hospitals are overwhelmed war zones."

"They will never force people to wear masks."

"They will never shut down the schools."

"They will never simply give people money to stay unemployed."

"They will never actively work to hide the origins of the virus."

"Texas and Florida will have a large surge in cases soon."

"Kids are starting to die in larger numbers."

"They will never suddenly lift all mandates seemingly overnight."

"They will never bring back mandates now that they have been lifted."

"They will never argue that we should vaccinate toddlers."

"The new variants are much deadlier."

Plenty of sheepish people out there who spent all of 2020 being constantly wrong who are STILL calling people conspiracy theorists for making very straightforward predictions. It's gullibility, I guess.

• Like 4

Let's just all be honest with each other.....it came from the lab.  Why else would china be so secretive and resistant about investigating the origins? If they're positive their lab was safe you'd think they would welcome investigators to find the manbearpig or whatever animal it originated from. 

• Weenie 1

37 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Let's just all be honest with each other.....it came from the lab.  Why else would china be so secretive and resistant about investigating the origins? If they're positive their lab was safe you'd think they would welcome investigators to find the manbearpig or whatever animal it originated from. 

Dude......   Thats racist

The UFO report is out. 

UFO Report Says ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena’ Defy Worldly Explanation

Propulsion and technology in some cases exceed present-day scientific knowledge, U.S. officials say.

WASHINGTON—U.S. intelligence officials reviewing dozens of reports of mysterious flying objects found 18 in which the objects displayed no visible propulsion or appeared to use technology beyond the known capabilities of the U.S. or its adversaries, according to an intelligence report released Friday.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ufo-report-cites-unidentified-aerial-phenomena-that-defy-worldly-explanation-u-s-official-says-11624653953

15 hours ago, MJO812 said:

They are selling fireworks  everywhere in NJ. Are they now legal lol

Got myself some good fireworks 

12 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

They're legal in Connecticut but the places I've been to only have roman candle type stuff and sparklers.

Good morning Anthony, DS. It was the late 50’s Dyker Heights, Brooklyn. I went, with a friend, to by some mats ( a package of 84 firecracker packs )  The, don’t mess with but courteous, adult opened the trunk of his car,  possibly mid 50’s Buick, took our money and politely told us to scram. What impressed me at the time and on memory and caused me to refrain from unknown source street buys, was what I saw tucked on the side, yet in full sight, of the trunk. That was the first and last time I had been that close to what looked like a Tommy gun. As always …..