Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Again.. This is just a sh*t awful embarrassing take. It's a preventable death. None of those people others are. 

How long are you willing to edure lockdowns? 

And no not really. You can be walking on the sidewalk and get hit by a car.

28 minutes ago, natedizel said:

I’ve decided to stop arguing or trying to change the minds of leftist  millennials. It’s pointless and aggravating. Once you come to that realization, your blood pressure will be in a much better place. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, natedizel said:

So that's... Still not preventable. 

I'm pretty sure anyone who died would have wished they took it more seriously. 

I don't know where you get this idea the lockdowns are never ending from. Australia is 5 percent vaccinated. Mass is at like 70 percent. Everything is open. 

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’ve decided to stop arguing or trying to change the minds of leftist  millennials. It’s pointless and aggravating. Once you come to that realization, your blood pressure will be in a much better place. 

I get people are worried about family. I have a family to, but some point its ok. Covids with us forever and we have to move on with our lives

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve always wanted to drive Beartooth Pass.  Cool little summer ski area up there, though I think the heat caused a major avalanche that took most of their snowpack with it.

I just looked it up. Funky little place for true die hards I guess. 
https://beartoothbasin.com

I gotta say though, you have to love a places that has signs saying it’s illegal to ride snowmobiles on US Rt. 212. 

14 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Ya thank god. And if it does shit better stay open.

I have not really seen any substantial evidence that the Delta variants are that worrisome.  If there was free and accessible anti-body testing everywhere, I bet we would see stats indicating that we are in the herd immunity stage in much of the US.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

So that's... Still not preventable. 

I'm pretty sure anyone who died would have wished they took it more seriously. 

I don't know where you get this idea the lockdowns are never ending from. Australia is 5 percent vaccinated. Mass is at like 70 percent. Everything is open. 

Sydney will still have 100 cases even when everyone is vaxxed. 

14 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Sydney will still have 100 cases even when everyone is vaxxed. 

Ya they will. But are they doing it cause only 5% are vaxxed or because theres some cases?

I thibk its like you said. A government failure

2 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Ya they will. But are they doing it cause only 5% are vaxxed or because theres some cases?

Seems like Canada and Australia are fully in the grips of a "casedemic." I hear very little talk from those countries of deaths or hospitalizations. It's all about cases and deep, deep contact tracing, to include tattling on your neighbors and cops going door-to-door. It's a decent case study for what happens when a mommy state goes overboard and crazy chasing an impossible goal in the name of "safety."

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I would never have thought of the Dakotas but I have been watching vids about them and seeing your posts makes me consider that area

I had thought about flying into Rapid City and renting a car but the rental prices were crazy.  The Black Hills have a nice mix of different types of lodging that fit many budget points and are very accessible by car.  That's one of the reasons that Sturgis is so big, the riding in the area is fantastic.  The Badlands were really interesting too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Seems like Canada and Australia are fully in the grips of a "casedemic." I hear very little talk from those countries of deaths or hospitalizations. It's all about cases and deep, deep contact tracing, to include tattling on your neighbors and cops going door-to-door. It's a decent case study for what happens when a mommy state goes overboard and crazy chasing an impossible goal in the name of "safety."

Tattling on neighbors lol. I had to google it and they are called corona-snitches. The article is from 2020 but found it good reading.

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-lockdown-snitches-thrive-in-europe-reports-watchmen-spying-neighbors/

7 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

There was one guy who had a 3800 spin rate, something ridiculous, his slider would start out on the outer part of the plate and almost hit the batter in the shin.

Kyle Crick of the Pirates. 3500 RPM on his slider. A few years ago the average spin rate was 2300 RPM and guys like Verlander in their prime would have elite spin rates of 2600-2700 RPM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Kyle Crick of the Pirates. 3500 RPM on his slider. A few years ago the average spin rate was 2300 RPM and guys like Verlander in their prime would have elite spin rates of 2600-2700 RPM.

Has that dropped since spider tac gate?

6 hours ago, mreaves said:

I had thought about flying into Rapid City and renting a car but the rental prices were crazy.  The Black Hills have a nice mix of different types of lodging that fit many budget points and are very accessible by car.  That's one of the reasons that Sturgis is so big, the riding in the area is fantastic.  The Badlands were really interesting too.

I flew into Sioux Falls SD and drove south to Crofton Nebraska for deer hunting in November.  It's staggering how pretty it is  out there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhineasC said:

yeah just crazy at this juncture-lockdowns made sense the first few months where there was fear of health care collapse....there's no hospital issue right right now

26 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

yeah just crazy at this juncture-lockdowns made sense the first few months where there was fear of health care collapse....there's no hospital issue right right now

Not quite sure why Canadians are putting up with it. I have a couple customers who are both Canadian citizens you wouldn't believe the hoops they had to jump through to go up for a couple weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

??? 

You can prevent being hit by a car on the sidewalk? Or choking on food? Those seem like unpreventable accidents. You won't catch covid if you quarantine

uh, if I dont take huge bites and chew thoroughly, i won't choke on my food. 

if i walk down the sidewalk and pay attention (and not staring at my phone), chances are pretty good i won't get hit by a Car.

if I don't jump out of a plane with a potentially faulty parachute, i can prevent that nasty skydiving accident