Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

11 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Canadiens just made the playoffs by a hair have rode their goalie to the finals, unbelievable.

I’m probably the lone Habs fan who posts in the NE forum. All you Bruins fans are going to support me right?

Edit: there is one other guy, is that you?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I am shocked by the Habs. Islanders and lightning should be way better

A Goalie can win you a cup, I remember listening to one the local sports talk shows before the playoffs started and they were criticizing the Canadiens for paying Price so much, who's laughing now? Of course back then things looked great for the Bruins and the Canadiens were on the brink of not making the playoffs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

Yes. More than likely being a 1980’s building if any ry bar was exposed to salt air/water caused weakening  to the point of collapse 

Google Street view seems to back that up showing the balconies with missing concrete and exposed rebar. I can't believe people would be out on those floating balconies when you can visually see them falling apart right from the street.

Screenshot_20210625-062810_Gallery.jpg

Some crazy security camera footage from inside one of the condos that went off from motion. That's dust crumbling down and you can see the walls start bulging . The audio is chilling and I can't imagine being woken up to those noises. 

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Google Street view seems to back that up showing the balconies with missing concrete and exposed rebar. I can't believe people would be out on those floating balconies when you can visually see them falling apart right from the street.

Screenshot_20210625-062810_Gallery.jpg

i'm no engineer, but why would exposed steel on the decks cause the whole bldg to go down? Would it be like rotten wood where what you see visibly is only the "tip of the iceberg"

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

i'm no engineer, but why would exposed steel on the decks cause the whole bldg to go down? Would it be like rotten wood where what you see visibly is only the "tip of the iceberg"

Something fishy about this whole situation.  The building came down like a demolition.

12 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Yeah it’s not clear to me what we are looking at either. It seems like the larger issue is due to ground instability and what that has to do with it. 

41 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That all looks cosmetic to me, but it's just a blurry picture. Impossible to say from the pic what was going on further inside the concrete.

Ground shifting is a likely scenario. I saw that this was one of those lifted buildings built on concrete piers. I am always extra-wary of those. Even a minor twisting force applied to the piers can be very dangerous for buildings built that way. Also, a skewing of the piers out from the center-line due to ground shifts is also dangerous.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

That all looks cosmetic to me, but it's just a blurry picture. Impossible to say from the pic what was going on further inside the concrete.

Ground shifting is a likely scenario. I saw that this was one of those lifted buildings built on concrete piers. I am always extra-wary of those. Even a minor twisting force applied to the piers can be very dangerous for buildings built that way. Also, a skewing of the piers out from the center-line due to ground shifts is also dangerous.

Yet if all this is true .. some interest group still made their money -

This is why the super advanced, interstellar species have zero interest in first contact   LOL.

And... as an afterthought, it is why if they ever did come around, it would be because this planet is an attractive target for whatever-reasons that have nothing to do with that which is merely just dust in their way of their accessing it - because the former zero interest precludes them having any arrival based upon peaceful introduction of humanity to the VIP club hidden among the stars.  That leaves only one other purpose for showing up - testicle stew

Good sci fi right there - totally plausible and closed logic that adds up.    Yes, it is true:  1 + 1 = douchebag species

14 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I don’t think anybody really gives a shyte anymore about COVID. It is what it is. It’s endemic in the population. It’ll eb and rise like any other respiratory virus. Lockdowns and masking are over. If people want a vaccine, it’s there. If they don’t get one and get sick and or die it’s on them. Some will get sick and or die that are vaxed.  Life’s full of risks but life goes on. At this point all this testing is pretty useless. 

Yep-at some point we all need to get on with our lives-it's not going away-as long as the vaccines prevent serious illness/death for most then we move on....

13 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Why don't you respond instead of posting a weenie?

You know why you think masks don't work? Because no one actually stayed home and followed precautions like other countries. People in this country are too stupid

Not to mention the massive numbers of people who went to all of their family events and didn't wear any

Lockdowns will only work for a few months-once we got to last June people largely went on with their lives...can't stay locked up and away from people for a year...not happenin".

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Something fishy about this whole situation.  The building came down like a demolition.

That’s exactly what I thought the first time I saw the video.  Pretty much straight freefall.

lol, already rumors flying online that John McAfee had an apartment in that building.

27 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Yep-at some point we all need to get on with our lives-it's not going away-as long as the vaccines prevent serious illness/death for most then we move on....

Lockdowns will only work for a few months-once we got to last June people largely went on with their lives...can't stay locked up and away from people for a year...not happenin".

There will likely be a decent resurgence next fall/winter mostly among unvaccinated.

Delta variant is quite dangerous & transmissible so the unvaccinated will be at greater risk than ever before as virus will target them specifically.

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That’s exactly what I thought the first time I saw the video.  Pretty much straight freefall.

lol, already rumors flying online that John McAfee had an apartment in that building.

Heh.... you mean like the South Park creator's movie?  

Where they end up going into France and annihilating the entire city over a single terrorist loose in the society there.  Socially/politically charged back-handed commentary is their specialty, delivered in the immoral humor much of the time.    Go into Florida and sociopathically murder hundreds to get one douche - mm... maybe. LOL

"America, F yeah!"   

39 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ya i thought the same when i first seen it.

28 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There will likely be a decent resurgence next fall/winter mostly among unvaccinated.

Delta variant is quite dangerous & transmissible so the unvaccinated will be at greater risk than ever before as virus will target them specifically.

Agree...however in the Northeast you're looking at 70-80% vaccinated....so may be a regional issue outside of our area

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

They don't work?

Maybe add a bit more nuance to the topic..instead of hurr durr. 

Cloth masks are 99% useless - aside from maybe blocking out a partial amount of water droplets if someone had the urge to sneeze/cough on you in close proximity <won't prevent transmission>

Surgical masks do little to block out most SARS-CoV-2 virus particles, but might help with particles carried insideofwater droplets.  <won't prevent transmission>

KN95/N95 are the only masks that can provide a fair amount of protection, including airborne but you're not going to get most of the population to wear these types of mask. <best odds at preventing transmission>

So in essence, yes...masks are mainly useless unless people are using decent ones, which most are not. 

38 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I can assure you the unvaccinated are not worried about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I frankly don't care. If they wanna risk their lives then by all means go ahead.

Have fun gasping for air.

And if the unvaccinated complain that they can't access certain places bc businesses require vaccination then I also don't care. 

Welcome to the free market. 

• Weenie 2

23 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Ya thats my wife for sure. I got vaccinated and tried to convince her. She said unless i need it to fly im allset. 

Its her choice. Im not asking again

One note about masking.  We just got back from our little Maine trip. 
The hotel we stayed at had a “mask required” in common areas sign on the door.  As we were checking in (we put on masks, the employee behind glass did not) we asked and he confirmed masks were required in common areas.  Ok.  So we masked when in those areas.  Almost no one else did.  It was awkward.  

In restaurants, shops etc almost no one had masks other than servers at some restaurants.   
It was odd