Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Surviving a 40 foot fall? Pretty lucky 

Very very lucky.  Any other angle besides feet first vertical and the fall is fatal.  Landing pencil feet first allowed for enough absorption of energy (breaking a lot of bones in the lower body to rib cage in the process) to save the internal organs in the chest.  It’s like the human body design executed a save… everything else breaks to save the organs.

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Heavy end of the day.  911 call came into Lamoille Dispatch about a person working on the WCAX towers, located on the Nose of Mt Mansfield (at 4,000ft).  The individual fell over 40 feet off the antenna tower; landing feet first saved his life by letting the lower body absorb the impact.  Mountain Operations EMTs were first on scene, followed by Stowe Mountain Rescue (municipal technical team) and Stowe Rescue paramedics.

He was brought down the mountain and then airlifted out of the Mansfield parking lot by helo.

2L8A1202_edited-2-1.thumb.jpg.d7b8faf366210f3636e77636ad9df5c4.jpg

2L8A1211_edited-2-1.thumb.jpg.7328088b00530666a55005cf8a272083.jpg

Damn wasn't tied off?

Just had a division of insurance hearing for an accident that happened two years ago. 

I was determined at fault originally.

I came to a full stop merging on to Neponset. Went to turn left. Heavy traffic. Light rain.

I look out of my eye and see a motorcycle speeding up Neponset and slam on my brakes.  He starts to lose control. Bike hits me and slides underneath the car.

Witness statement at the scene contradicts me. Which is BS.

But best part of the hearing: the idiot admits in his witness statement that he was traveling 35 mph. The posted speed limit is 25. 

Anyone have experience with this? Seems like I should win?

25 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Just had a division of insurance hearing for an accident that happened two years ago. 

I came to a full stop merging on to Neponset. Went to turn left. Heavy traffic. Light rain.

I look out of my eye and see a motorcycle speeding up Neponset and slam on my brakes.  He starts to lose control. Bike hits me and slides underneath the car.

But best part of the hearing: the idiot admits in his witness statement that he was traveling 35 mph. The posted speed limit is 25. 

I’m honestly not sure. I’m not sure him speeding matters if he has the right of way.

48 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Pull a weather report off WU, show that it was raining. Roads were slick, height of rush hour (time of incident?) and that it was just an unavoidable accident.  No fault.

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Pull a weather report off WU, show that it was raining. Roads were slick, height of rush hour (time of incident?) and that it was just an unavoidable accident.  No fault.

Yes- I mentioned it all. I even looked at google maps and can see the 25mph sign. What an idiot.

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Yes- I mentioned it all. I even looked at google maps and can see the 25mph sign. What an idiot.

Was the guy injured at all?  I wonder if he is pursuing compensation for his injuries.  He may not have filed suit yet.  His attorney may be trying to settle with your insurance company.  If those negotiations fail, he may just file suit before the clock runs out.  (3 years after the date of the accident, so 1 more year to go).

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Was the guy injured at all?  I wonder if he is pursuing compensation for his injuries.  He may not have filed suit yet.  His attorney may be trying to settle with your insurance company.  If those negotiations fail, he may just file suit before the clock runs out.  (3 years after the date of the accident, so 1 more year to go).

He was fine at the scene. Later did say he was injured. At the scene, he didn't even want to call the police. Lol.

He seemed like a young idiot. I'd be surprised if he follows suit and follows through on that.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So you slammed the brakes while out in the intersection/road? Even if he was going 25mph…where was he going to go?

He should have had plenty of time to stop. I turned and watched him lose control of the bike. It was like slow motion. He was going way too fast. There is a curve in that merge where he isn't visible immediately when he merges. 

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So you slammed the brakes while out in the intersection/road? Even if he was going 25mph…where was he going to go?

I think I understand what he’s explaining now better. Unfortunately, I think he’s at fault no matter what, as the motorcycle had the right of way, since they were coming head on in that direction. Speed, and weather won’t be factors as far as right of way is concerned.

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think I understand what he’s explaining now better. Unfortunately, I think he’s at fault no matter what, as the motorcycle had the right of way, since they were coming head on in that direction. Speed, and weather won’t be factors as far as right of way is concerned.

Just wild... I need to get one of those cameras for the front of my car.

34 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

He should have had plenty of time to stop. I turned and watched him lose control of the bike. It was like slow motion. He was going way too fast. There is a curve in that merge where he isn't visible immediately when he merges. 

I guess, but you said you slammed your brakes when you saw him coming. If he had that much time why not just continue making your left turn and not stay in his path?

As others have said, I think it's going to be difficult for you to win this.

Just now, dendrite said:

I guess, but you said you slammed your brakes when you saw him coming. Why not just continue making your left turn and not stay in his path?

When I saw him, it was sort of a panic response. High rate of speed, at the time, I believed the best chance for him was to stop moving and give him the option of where to pass, in front of me, or behind me.

5 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

When I saw him, it was sort of a panic response. High rate of speed, at the time, I believed the best chance for him was to stop moving and give him the option of where to pass, in front of me, or behind me.

I hear ya...it just sounds like a tough argument to win. If he said 35mph you know he was probably doing 40-45mph too. But right of way usually takes precedent. I think stopping in the road is the big problem for your case. Even if going 25mph you're in his lane stopped forcing him to have to brake while having ROW.