Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Getting the vaccine tomorrow.

Great choice given what I know about your demographics!

Had my second Moderna yesterday.  Had a headache and felt really tired last night but by 11pm I was fine and feel good today.  Overall very mild reaction it seems.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have 2 nieces, One is in HR at Hannaford, One is a Pharm Tech at Walmart, The one at Wallmart called me late yesterday to see if i could go in before 6pm last night but i opted out, It was Moderna, My other niece told me Hannaford was getting doses in today, So i was able to get a slot at 4pm tomorrow.

I got called yesterday at 5pm for a late dose (no shows/cancellations).  Went in and got PFE with a 2nd appt confirmed.    CT goes to 45 and up Friday so happy to get in before the next crush of people

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Really? I totally expect him to be there. I don't have a problem with him having a share either.

I half expect him to sign with the C's for a year or two after his LA contract is up after next season.

Bingo ...

13 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I got called yesterday at 5pm for a late dose (no shows/cancellations).  Went in and got PFE with a 2nd appt confirmed.    CT goes to 45 and up Friday so happy to get in before the next crush of people

Mainers 60 and older, as well as educators and child care workers are eligible to be vaccinated as of March 3, Right now, There is only enough doses for educators and child care workers so they are not taking anyone that's not in those category's or placing them on a wait list even if you 60 or older until 03/31.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Great choice given what I know about your demographics!

Had my second Moderna yesterday.  Had a headache and felt really tired last night but by 11pm I was fine and feel good today.  Overall very mild reaction it seems.

I have my 2nd Moderna on the 29th.  Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.  My parents both had the 2nd Moderna 2 weeks ago and had no effects other than a little fatigue.  Cant wait!!

1 minute ago, butterfish55 said:

I have my 2nd Moderna on the 29th.  Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.  My parents both had the 2nd Moderna 2 weeks ago and had no effects other than a little fatigue.  Cant wait!!

My biz partner first dose (Pfizer), Dad and Wife got there first doses of Moderna, All three's second dose is first of April.

• Like 1

Had my second Pfizer does yesterday and also had a slight headache.  Also felt a little spacier than usual last evening for a little bit.  Last night was my bowling league, and I did feel a little achier than normal this morning but it could also be my 66 year old bones.  Overall, really no big deal for me with any reaction.  Feels great to have it done!!!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

when do low weight, low cholesteral, low heart rate athletes that never get winded when they run 10ks, that eat organic diets and carry on in life with no comorbidity factorization of any kind get a dose ?

In  Mass starting April 16 (sooner if a "in front of the public employee")  

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Because Lebron is the most hated athlete in the world . He is an absolute A hole 

Strong statement!   Now tell me why he is so called hated and why is he an asshole.   For the record, I’ve been a big Lebron fan his entire career so my bias is obviously in the other direction.   But I’ve never understood LeBron hatred.

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Strong statement!   Now tell me why he is so called hated and why is he an asshole.   For the record, I’ve been a big Lebron fan his entire career so my bias is obviously in the other direction.   But I’ve never understood LeBron hatred.

Maybe the same reason many folks hate TB12.

Covid cases have been going up in Michigan and now hospitalizations are starting to rise there, in contrast to most of the rest of the country.  Obviously the impact will be less than if we weren't vaccinating at the rate we are but it is a sign that we better keep our foot on the vaccination gas pedal to avoid the same trend on a national scale.

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

We are probably in the minority but I don’t mind LeBron either.  He really is a marvel to watch play.  
I also don’t mind James Harden but people seem to hate him also.

34 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are probably in the minority but I don’t mind LeBron either.  He really is a marvel to watch play.  
I also don’t mind James Harden but people seem to hate him also.

There are 2 guys that have lived up to or exceeded the hype that preceded them turning pro, Tiger and Lebron. You can legitimately argue if they are the greatest ever in their sports or not but nobody has lived up to that level hype like them. Maybe the Williams sisters in tennis come close, especially Serena. There are so many who can’t live up to expectations and these guys were hyped more than anyone and from a performance standard, these guys have delivered.  

Having said that, I understand some of the disdain. Lebron made a stupid call by doing “The Decision” and his silence on China is pretty bad. But he has been a very active and positive force in his community. Of course we all know the issues Tiger has had. I don’t get the absolute hate though. I am a huge anti-Pats fan but I respect the greatness of Tom Brady and would never denigrate his performance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I didn't know there was a Dave & Busters there!  Sweet

I haven’t been since they opened.  We go to the one in PVD Place some. But I haven’t been since Covid. 
I used to live off of Rt 135 and Speen street back in the 90’s right after they enclosed that mall. They added a new wing in several years ago with high end stores. I haven’t been in there since Covid either. If it’s like the Cambridgeside Galleria, it’s dead. But Natick/Framingham is a pretty populated area so I’d guess it’s still somewhat busy. I saw where Lord and Taylor closed so they’re down another anchor store.

I bought my first cell phone in that mall in 96.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HimoorWx said:

Had my second Pfizer does yesterday and also had a slight headache.  Also felt a little spacier than usual last evening for a little bit.  Last night was my bowling league, and I did feel a little achier than normal this morning but it could also be my 66 year old bones.  Overall, really no big deal for me with any reaction.  Feels great to have it done!!!

Ten pin or candlepin?

8 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

Nice - how'd you get on a list?