Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I know people from E MA coming all the way to the CVS in Greenfield for shots. 

I’d drive an hour plus if I had too. I’m not too worried I’ll die if I dont get it, but I think the more people get shot up the faster this goes away and we get back to normal. I wanna go to Fenway. ( yea they’ll suck but at this point I don’t care. I just wanna see a live game).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. The CVS site was tricky. I just kept putting in random towns all over the state and finally found one in Taunton (this was a little over a week ago and I would up canceling) 

Good thing you didn’t have to go there. I hear it’s so dry that mulch bursts into flames just driving by. 

• Haha 1

I have two comorbidities.... one the state says is on the list, and one that isn’t. I also work in a school setting, but not with K-12 kids.

Im just kind of waiting it out to see what happens over the next few weeks. I’ll be in the next phase for sure, when they open up to 1 comorbidity.

I also just had covid, so no rush I guess 

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have two comorbidities.... one the state says is on the list, and one that isn’t. I also work in a school setting, but not with K-12 kids.

Im just kind of waiting it out to see what happens over the next few weeks. I’ll be in the next phase for sure, when they open up to 1 comorbidity.

I also just had covid, so no rush I guess 

I haven’t checked on the latest science, but I don’t think the vaccine has any magical powers beyond just triggering what your own body does when you get COVID, so if you just had COVID there is little reason to get the vaccine right now. 

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

How do you get on call list if they're getting ready to throw away vax or is that not happening anymore? Not eligible till May

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I think it depends on the location. The town next to ours has been hosting a clinic tied to the local hospital. Their volunteers call people at the end of each day after the appointments have been done.  

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I haven’t checked on the latest science, but I don’t think the vaccine has any magical powers beyond just triggering what your own body does when you get COVID, so if you just had COVID there is little reason to get the vaccine right now. 

You haven’t checked the science? I’m absolutely shocked by that development.

The science says vaccines produce a materially more robust immune response than natural infection.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Did you get your second dose yet?

Mid thirties perfectly healthy...not sure what my vaccine status has to do with dealing in facts, and that’s all I was stating—facts. I get you’re vaccine hesitant and that’s a personal decision- no judgement here.

Just now, Supernovice said:

Mid thirties perfectly healthy...not sure what my vaccine status has to do with dealing in facts, and that’s all I was stating—facts. I get you’re vaccine hesitant and that’s a personal decision- no judgement here.

Ok, so you are not vaccinated? Kinda weird to hear that. Stay safe out there. 

https://bombthrower.com/articles/were-in-a-bubble-thats-too-big-to-fail/

This echos my thoughts but not surprisingly does so in a more coherent way that should help folks ponder the future, even if you aren't versed in Monetary system or cognizant of the fact that every monetary system in history has had a expiration date...from 10,000 B.C to our current one ..which is fiat based interest bearing.(i.e nothing new) . The following is not so easy to dismiss ...it's actually a good exercise to try and ask if you are doing so based on logic or emotion. 

“The Everything Bubble chronicles the creation and evolution of the US financial system, starting with the founding of the US Federal Reserve in 1913 and leading up to the present era of serial bubbles: the Tech Bubble of the ‘90s, the Housing Bubble of the early ‘00s and the current bubble in US sovereign bonds, which are also called Treasuries.

Because these bonds serve as the foundation of our current financial system, when they are in a bubble, it means that all risk assets (truly EVERYTHING), are in a bubble, hence our title, The Everything Bubble. In this sense, the Everything Bubble represents the proverbial end game for central bank policy: the final speculative frenzy induced by Federal Reserve overreach.”

Bitcoin isn’t so much a bubble as “the last functioning fire alarm” warning us of some very big geopolitical changes ahead.” 

When you consider that, it explains why policy makers are behaving in the way they are. We’ve painted ourselves not into a corner, but into a bubble. There are no soft-landing scenarios out of which we can extricate ourselves from this bubble, and under no circumstances can this bubble be allowed to deflate, let alone pop.

I’ve been treating the rise of Bitcoin and gold as a flight out of fiat for some time. I’ve known that policy makers were motivated to keep the system on the rails for as long as humanly possible. None of this is new to me. But what really got me was that particular phrasing all of us being in a bubble that’s too big to fail.

It means in all of the language and trial balloons around The New Normal, the Great Reset, Build Back Better, the backdrop of desperation that seems to permeate it came into clearer focus for me.

Some kind of Great Reset is, in policy makers’ minds, the only way forward to get out of The Bubble. I looks like they want to do it in a way in which they get to  keep living like they’re inside The Bubble and still run the show, while everybody else has to get used to living life under a drastically reduced standard of living and submit to rapidly emerging social credit systems.

Covid 19 has set the stage to create the political will to do what otherwise would not have been politically venerable.  Make Helicopter Money drops standard (Stimulus) ..the following Quote is NOT from someone who doesn't take Covid seriously...rather a wonderful opportunity ...by Klaus Schwab who is the head of the World Economic Forum who meet in Davos annually , with Ceo's , heads of industry, media and basically "imagine" the future. 

“Even in the worst-case horrendous scenario, COVID-19 will kill far fewer people than the Great Plagues, including the Black Deaths, or World War II did… [but] changes that would have seemed inconceivable before the pandemic struck, such as new forms of monetary policy like helicopter money (already a given), the reconsideration/recalibration of some of our social priorities and augmented search for the common good as a policy objective, the notion of fairness acquiring political potency, radical welfare and taxation measures, and drastic geopolitical realignments.

The broader point is this: the possibilities for change and the resulting new order are now unlimited and only bound by our imagination, for better or for worse. “

Put in a context, the framing for the new normal...has had the freedom to be constructed....as far as the social issues to be focused on....the psychology of sacrificing for the greater good of the planet (will likely be testing those limits) and whose eventual standard of living declines will show everyone but the most wealthy bearing the "discomfort"....the new social welfare system where direct payments is gaining a sense of normalcy,  the infrastructure required prior to a large scale shift is being furnished and the increased intervention and difficulty kicking the can to keep the  Everything bubble that is too big to fail.. is making sure this progression accelerates so that it can transition as smoothly as something that big can. * A constant reminder to sacrifice for the earth maybe a good tool to magnify in media ..to squeeze every ounce out of and twist in anyway so that guilt or shame or just selfishness will be the preferred knee jerk social response instead of fighting the transition that may otherwise be seen as unfair or lead to populist angst.

But there are escape valves from The Everything Bubble, ones that can be used by normal everyday people who aren’t elites, who don’t get invited to Davos every year to “reimagine” everybody else’s lives, who don’t take private jets to work, who just want to be able to mind their own business, live their own lives and preserve the wealth they’ve worked hard and fairly to build up over their lives. ....Those valves are to move out of the fiat money system and into “stuff” like commodities, real estate, agriculture, like gold and precious metals. And crypto. This is why all of these things are blasting off

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

If some get their

way, we'll be on DST all the time. 8 AM sunrises in the dead of winter. Oh boy!

I go back and forth.  I've never minded the early sunsets in winter.  I sort of like that feeling.  On the other hand, I work from a home office so later sunrises don't really bother me either.  What I do hate is having to change twice a year.  Lets split the difference and and stay there year round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

https://bombthrower.com/articles/were-in-a-bubble-thats-too-big-to-fail/

This echos my thoughts but not surprisingly does so in a more coherent way that should help folks ponder the future, even if you aren't versed in Monetary system or cognizant of the fact that every monetary system in history has had a expiration date...from 10,000 B.C to our current one ..which is fiat based interest bearing.(i.e nothing new) . The following is not so easy to dismiss ...it's actually a good exercise to try and ask if you are doing so based on logic or emotion. 

Covid 19 has set the stage to create the political will to do what otherwise would not have been politically venerable.  Make Helicopter Money drops standard (Stimulus) ..the following Quote is NOT from someone who doesn't take Covid seriously...rather a wonderful opportunity ...by Klaus Schwab who is the head of the World Economic Forum who meet in Davos annually , with Ceo's , heads of industry, media and basically "imagine" the future. 

Put in a context, the framing for the new normal...has had the freedom to be constructed....as far as the social issues to be focused on....the psychology of sacrificing for the greater good of the planet (will likely be testing those limits) and whose eventual standard of living declines will show everyone but the most wealthy bearing the "discomfort"....the new social welfare system where direct payments is gaining a sense of normalcy,  the infrastructure required prior to a large scale shift is being furnished and the increased intervention and difficulty kicking the can to keep the  Everything bubble that is too big to fail.. is making sure this progression accelerates so that it can transition as smoothly as something that big can. * A constant reminder to sacrifice for the earth maybe a good tool to magnify in media ..to squeeze every ounce out of and twist in anyway so that guilt or shame or just selfishness will be the preferred knee jerk social response instead of fighting the transition that may otherwise be seen as unfair or lead to populist angst.

You ever read Jim Grant? You can sweep a lot of stuff under the rug in a falling interest rate environment. But after forty years of doing so, rates really can't go any lower, and there's little stimulative effect from running a negative rate policy. We're left with a sea of printing and liquidity distorting asset prices everywhere, supporting loss-making zombie companies and reckless capital deployment and ultimately economic malaise. I see these distortions spilling into the real world daily in my area. We've had an explosion of luxury apartment development in the last decade and many of the finished projects still have tons of vacancy, yet the building goes on and capacity increases.

As I've said before, I believe the central bankers are scared shitless at what they've wrought, which is why they have to constantly jawbone and tweak and "stimulate" and respond every time we have a piddling correction. They've made the markets utterly dependent on them, never more than in the last year, and in turn have made themselves slaves to the market. They've forced retirees and pension funds to chase risky assets at high prices in search of yield because the risk free rate has gotten them so little for so long. Conservative investors and savers have been shafted. Central banks can't afford to raise rates with the vast ocean of debt and extremely extended stock valuations, but the problem only gets worse the longer they let this charade go on.

I don't know when or how the party stops; until it does I'll sound like Chicken Little. It's going to be a gut-wrenching and protracted process when it does, with real-world consequences far beyond the financial markets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hoth said:

You ever read Jim Grant? You can sweep a lot of stuff under the rug in a falling interest rate environment. But after forty years of doing so, rates really can't go any lower, and there's little stimulative effect from running a negative rate policy. We're left with a sea of printing and liquidity distorting asset prices everywhere, supporting loss-making zombie companies and reckless capital deployment and ultimately economic malaise. I see these distortions spilling into the real world daily in my area. We've had an explosion of luxury apartment development in the last decade and many of the finished projects still have tons of vacancy, yet the building goes on and capacity increases.

As I've said before, I believe the central bankers are scared shitless at what they've wrought, which is why they have to constantly jawbone and tweak and "stimulate" and respond every time we have a piddling correction. They've made the markets utterly dependent on them, never more than in the last year, and in turn have made themselves slaves to the market. They've forced retirees and pension funds to chase risky assets at high prices in search of yield because the risk free rate has gotten them so little for so long. Conservative investors and savers have been shafted. Central banks can't afford to raise rates with the vast ocean of debt and extremely extended stock valuations, but the problem only gets worse the longer they let this charade go on.

I don't know when or how the party stops; until it does I'll sound like Chicken Little. It's going to be a gut-wrenching and protracted process when it does, with real-world consequences far beyond the financial markets.

I have not . There is a growing chorus of well respected folks with a keen awareness of how financial/monetary  systems Play out ..sounding that alarm and a few are trying to piece it together with the infrastructure and social movements championed /made politically possible (by Covid response) to paint the picture of how this transition unfolds and namely how to position yourself if you have wealth .

Its funny Because i have some money, but not 'wealth' ..however i've been very fascinated by the psychology and ways  of facilitating desired public opinion on things that go much smoother with public support...or don't get off the ground or can't be capitalized on or continued without it and the Tools utilized to maximize this effect. It's prevalent in Democracies who want to have support to go to "war" or intervene outside ..It's prevalent in framing any discussion around social awareness issues, and in the current case ...of what i see as a profound industrial(JOBs) /technocratic revolutions/transitions and financial system reorganization/..all the while getting folks in countries with the highest standard of livings (which will fall  ..maybe in sea see saw way with poorer countries).. (due to the transition culminating  in a more harmonious globalized "everything" )  to either blame some unforeseen virus or shared moral sacrifice  (we are all in this together) for the good of the earth..to  help folks swallow this near certainty that wealthier countries will see standard of livings fall as we transition to full fledged globalization that is done not so much for sovereign well being but what is being sold hard as the "greater good" which coincidentally will be the most seamless transition for preserving the predominant Wealth /influence structure at a time the monetary system is nearing the end of its morphine (intervention) fueled life

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, PhineasC said:

The data so far per what I’ve been told implies super immunity for those who have had covid and then vaccinated.

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

If some get their

way, we'll be on DST all the time. 8 AM sunrises in the dead of winter. Oh boy!

Does no one remember how bad that experiment failed in the early 70s?   Kids waiting for the bus in the AM in the dark did not sit well with parents.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The data so far per what I’ve been told implies super immunity for those who have had covid and then vaccinated.

So... 99.999999999% chance of not dying versus the 99.8% chance that existed without the vaccine? Obviously for at-risk groups the math probably makes more sense...

I am waiting to see how long immunity lasts and how the whole "booster" thing is handled for the variants before I dive in.

• Like 1