Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

21 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Tesla is highly speculative. A tesla fanatic would tell you anyone who says it is, is a moron. What do you make of that stock? I am looking at this dip, and it looks like a massive buying opportunity to me. 

Tesla made a big Tesla move today . 18%

Right now the Dow is up against the top rail of a rising trend line that has stopped it several times .  That rail is at 32,200 . It hit it early today and fell back ,  prior to that ...It ran nearly straight up after hitting the bottom rail of the trend line 

SP 500 is near the top of a sideways triangle ..which requires a close over 3900 to break out of . If SP loses 3820 then the bottom of the triangle is 3710 and if the SP breaks down and not out of this triangle (has to break some way in next week or two) then it’s likely falling to 3510 and that would be a amazing buying opportunity 

The Dow has a negative divergence that would look like it will have a much better shot of closing lower tomorrow , but you never ever know  

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Tesla made a big Tesla move today . 18%

Right now the Dow is up against the top rail of a rising trend line that has stopped it several times . It ran nearly straight up after hitting the bottom rail of the trend line 

SP 500 is near the top of a sideways triangle ..which requires a close over 3900 to break out of . If SP loses 3820 then the bottom of the triangle is 3710 and if the SP breaks down and not out of this triangle (has to break some way in next week or two) then it’s likely falling to 3510 and that would be a amazing buying opportunity 

The Dow has a negative divergence that would look like it will have a much better shot of closing lower tomorrow , but you never ever know  

Lol, 18% move on virtually no news. Think we've buried the Efficient Markets Hypothesis deeply enough yet?

17 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Lol, 18% move on virtually no news. Think we've buried the Efficient Markets Hypothesis deeply enough yet?

Well, the market acts Somewhat Bi-polar day to day normally ..never straight in one direction ..now it’s the equivalent of tossing the market some coke booze and acid and watching it look for direction . Markets will decide soon which way to move 

Fed killed real price discovery but I mean I believe they had to give that much support to keep this broken system kicking the can and socially important safety nets solvent. I know many disagree

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

GME trading halted again. Was knocking on 350. Seems like blatant manipulation, this will only bolster principled stands more.

I sold at $290 this morning. Down to $248 now. I don't have time to watch the volatility all day long so I'm happy with my free meme stock money.

BCT over 56k again crypto market casp at 1.74 trillion.  The difference between this run and 2017 is a lot more institutional money involved.  We will see decent short term corrections but barring a black swan I doubt we see the crash we saw in 2017 and if we do it's going to affect more than just the crypto market this time and that's a problem.  Between Wall St and now the Crypto bubble we have a huge financial house of cards waiting for that gust of ill wind.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya and I love the narrative that this is retail driving this . 150 in a half hour is big boys 

Blatant manipulation by large institutions.... millions of shares dumped all at once, looks like during or just after the halt. That's not retail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya and I love the narrative that this is retail driving this . 150 in a half hour is big boys 

Yes.

Institutions and whales transferring wealth from the retail investors.

Greed and emotion are the killers of inexperienced and sometimes experienced retail traders.  Set a profit goal and be happy with it because you are making more money than you would in a CD or savings account.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

BCT over 56k again crypto market casp at 1.74 trillion.  The difference between this run and 2017 is a lot more institutional money involved.  We will see decent short term corrections but barring a black swan I doubt we see the crash we saw in 2017 and if we do it's going to affect more than just the crypto market this time and that's a problem.  Between Wall St and now the Crypto bubble we have a huge financial house of cards waiting for that gust of ill wind.

Institutional money is the game changer that can drive this sky high 

Just now, wxsniss said:

Blatant manipulation by large institutions.... millions of shares dumped all at once, looks like during or just after the halt. That's not retail.

Take a look at what happened in the Crypto short term correction the past few weeks.  Whales and the F2 pool dumping to try and drive the prices down so they can reaccumulate.

It fooled me into selling back in January but this time I had the stomach for it and road it put.   I have my goal set for the spring though and will sell even if prices are still soaring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Institutional money is the game changer that can drive this sky high 

I think it's going to get pretty crazy for a while.  Let's see what folks do with their stimie checks.   We have had some media disclosure of how much BTC institutions are holding, I'd love to see the same for ETH.  BTC could possibly double this bull run but ETH has a shot at 3-5x I think.

• Like 1

Just now, wxsniss said:

"What is this... a dip for ants?"

Halted several times since 12:15, and now again on its way back up.

Pretty amazing to watch this unfold. The institutional manipulation just motivates the little people more.

Isn't there still a significant amount of institutional shorts out there?  I haven't had time to sift through all of the WSB nonsense.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife’s first dose got cancelled because the place that was going to administer them wasn’t given as many doses as they were promised.  Now she is out to April 5.  I will be trying CVS at 5AM

And to think that 5 minutes after I posted this we got a call from my wife’s friend who is volunteering at a local clinic. They once again had some leftovers and said if we can get there in 10 minutes we could both be vaccinated. 

I drove so fast.  We both got Pfizer 1.  

• Like 8

And to think that 5 minutes after I posted this we got a call from my wife’s friend who is volunteering at a local clinic. They once again had some leftovers and said if we can get there in 10 minutes we could both be vaccinated. 

That's great! Did they schedule you for a 2nd dose?

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Getting this is like Hunger Games or some kind of blood sport.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:
7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That's great! Did they schedule you for a 2nd dose?

Yep. 3/31.    Brewery tour begins 4/15.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Getting this is like Hunger Games or some kind of blood sport.  

If they only had 1 available I would have gladly waited until my turn.  My wife is a type 1 diabetic and has some other autoimmune stuff. She has been full in person with almost all of her students since the fall.  I am feeling relief for her

• Like 3