Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Doc says the moderna has more side affects then the pfizer vac, Don't know which one you received, Just took my dad to the drive thru one at the VA.

I’m hearing from friends VA is mostly Moderna.  Moderna is easier to store and a US company which the VA usually likes.  Also, VA was able to vaccinate their entire work force in December and January.  

My first shot (at Gillette) had a lot of arm soreness but nothing systemic but supposedly the second is more sicky for 24 hours.   My friend and his wife got the second and his wife was fine but he had a rough 24 hours.    Even after one the protection is supposedly pretty good.  We’ll be getting our second 3/16 and 3/18.   I hope everyone is able to get one of them soon.  I had to use my eligibility as a non covid provider as did my wife.  I’m hearing Maine started with 70 and up.  MA first group was 75 which I initially just missed until we played the card. (I’m 74)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m hearing from friends VA is mostly Moderna.  Moderna is easier to store and a US company which the VA usually likes.  Also, VA was able to vaccinate their entire work force in December and January.  

My first shot (at Gillette) had a lot of arm soreness but nothing systemic but supposedly the second is more sicky for 24 hours.   My friend and his wife got the second and his wife was fine but he had a rough 24 hours.    Even after one the protection is supposedly pretty good.  We’ll be getting our second 3/16 and 3/18.   I hope everyone is able to get one of them soon.  I had to use my eligibility as a non covid provider as did my wife.  I’m hearing Maine started with 70 and up.  MA first group was 75 which I initially just missed until we played the card. (I’m 74)

Correct about Maine and 70 - they're in cadre 1B, after first responders and medical workers.  Now the threshold has dropped to 60.  I would've had to wait a few more days if I'd been in Mass.

• Like 1

Just now, tamarack said:

Correct about Maine and 70 - they're in cadre 1B, after first responders and medical workers.  Now the threshold has dropped to 60.  I would've had to wait a few more days if I'd been in Mass.

And a preliminary happy 75th!

• Like 1

I got my first dose on Wednesday after leaving my name and phone number at a nearby Walgreens two weeks ago... Told them to call me if they had any leftover at the end of the day.

After two weeks of not hearing anything, I had kind of figured that they either never had extra, or when they did, they were able to find people in-store to take it. At 6:30ish Wednesday night, my phone buzzed and I walked over and was jabbed. 

No side effects besides a sore arm for 24 hours... I don't really have too much guilt about getting it "before my time" as it seemed as if the vaccine was just going to go bad if I hadn't taken it.. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

There at 60 and above now so i can go if i elect too, My wife now can go too as she's a daycare provider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

There at 60 and above now so i can go if i elect too, My wife now can go too as she's a daycare provider.

My advice is don’t pass it up.   But I’ve lived in the healthcare world so it’s automatic for us.   One thing that seems clear is that those who get vaccinated are largely protected against severe covid.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Spent the nite in Mystic (Ct) a little Foxwoods (not totally my thing), nice diner and just did  Mystic Aquarium , had a couple hour personal tour , had a seal on my lap, Would say it definitely beats Boston Aquarium 

Mystic is so much better than the NE Aquarium. Hands down.  The nearby food options are lacking though

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Mystic is so much better than the NE Aquarium. Hands down.  The nearby food options are lacking though

A friend knows the Director there, so I had a nice tour where I got to meet all the animals close up. It was hilarious the way some of the sea lions act and have been trained .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Woah Dave I think you might have been mislead. My favorite is go fish but look here.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g33845-d105370-Olde_Mistick_Village-Mystic_Mystic_Country_Connecticut.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Woah Dave I think you might have been mislead. My favorite is go fish but look here.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g33845-d105370-Olde_Mistick_Village-Mystic_Mystic_Country_Connecticut.html

From the TripAdvisor pics I think we at at Go Fish our last trip (or at least something in that space) and I thought it was pretty meh.   I could be totally wrong

This decaying snow pack is useless now. At least the torch areas are opening up. 

Took the boys out to the local elementary school playground. Snow was actually pretty blinding in the March sun

image.jpeg.63ea78db3252fc5e3ab4bebea683226e.jpeg

image.jpeg.3753f92aa5d57ad96035b526aea85871.jpeg

The backyard is getting there. Should be gone in the next few days

image.jpeg.fcba74d5ec39aa5fe448da11d24baaf3.jpeg

• Like 2