Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

5 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That guy is horrid.

But...dale Arnold just retired and guess who 'EEI hired? 

GRESH!  UGH

Dale was the last guy on there worth listening to. Now that station goes off my pre-set.

It's such a shame whats happened to EEI. I still try to listen to it, but it's painful and I always end up annoyed and on another station. Miss the 2004 era and yes, D&C

• Like 2

D&C were racist a-holes. Minihane was a POS as well.

Pretty sure Dale and Danielle were forced out and didn't exactly have plans to leave.

I like Fauria and Merloni on my ride home, but could do without Ordway. I like Keefe as well, but I'm not a Gresh fan. I would've rather had Keefe and Hart.

• Like 1

I listened to 98.5 the first day the sports hub went on the air. I spent every commute to work listening to T and R. Didn't care for Gresh and Zo...though the Zo and Bertrand was an improvement. I also liked Felger and Mazz, though sometimes they were just too much and I had to turn them off. Never could do the night show or weekends on 98.5. The slow pace and mono-tone monologs just killed me. Then I moved to TN, and went right to Norther NH after. Haven't listened to 98.5 in about 2.5years...and the radio stations are crap up here...so I just never turn on my radio in the car, not worth it.

8 hours ago, dendrite said:

Pretty sure Dale and Danielle were forced out and didn't exactly have plans to leave.

I like Fauria and Merloni on my ride home, but could do without Ordway. I like Keefe as well, but I'm not a Gresh fan. I would've rather had Keefe and Hart.

I loved D AND C and Menihan as entertainment. EEI turned into a politically correct absolutely horrible radio station.  Its too bad you can't get WFAN, Boomer and Gio and Carton and Roberts always make me laugh 

12 hours ago, dendrite said:

I agree with all of that except I think Dale's older and wanted to cut back, his kids are grown so no college to pay for and he's got the Bruins gig.

Some agency or collection of public interesting backing org of some kind needs to threaten NCEP with a law suit for their present public access product for radar -

Now that we are into the severe season - in a base line seasonal teleconnector that suggests a big tor production year ... their radar is operationally almost unusable.

That is going to be a problem, when the previous version was at least updating to 5 minute intervals, and had enough resolution the storm hardened, weary folk new how to interpret it. 

They are doing that rad transition because the other technology was inconvenient?  I dunno - what's the reason for "upgrading" to this piece of shit asshole recourse.  

In any case, it'll take a some little league team being sucked off the field I guess -

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Because Lebron is the most hated athlete in the world . He is an absolute A hole 

Okay... but none of that translates to his ability to legislate a baseball organization - necessarily. 

It's a partial ownership, anyway...doesn't mean he's 'calling the shots' - even if that was a concern.

And I'm not sure the subjective characterization of him is really warranted - I mean...people will have their immutable and undying opinions, and will believe them to the grave, and cannot be retrieved ... but, the guy has special programs he's founded, lots of them if one cares to look up ...that are quite fairly an expose' at the opposite of the asshole end of the spectrum to put it lightly.  

But whatever ...

WEEI's rating cliff dive over the past 2 years, and subsequent talent shakeups, can be solely attributed to a coordinated attack by an activist, the Boston Globe and red sox.  

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

I didn't listen to those guys, but if you're going to lob an accusation like that it'd be good to share why.

• Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Okay... but none of that translates to his ability to legislate a baseball organization - necessarily. 

It's a partial ownership, anyway...doesn't mean he's 'calling the shots' - even if that was a concern.

And I'm not sure the subjective characterization of him is really warranted - I mean...people will have their immutable and undying opinions, and will believe them to the grave, and cannot be retrieved ... but, the guy has special programs he's founded, lots of them if one cares to look up ...that are quite fairly an expose' at the opposite of the asshole end of the spectrum to put it lightly.  

But whatever ...

Ask LeBron about Nike China and millions of enslaved Muslims while you are at it. Phony

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tunafish said:

WEEI's rating cliff dive over the past 2 years, and subsequent talent shakeups, can be solely attributed to a coordinated attack by an activist, the Boston Globe and red sox.  

I didn't listen to those guys, but if you're going to lob an accusation like that it'd be good to share why.

They were suspended for racist comments/jokes years ago and made many more quips after that.

https://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20031003/news/310039964

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I don't think he will be sitting next to John Henry in the owners box with a 2% share...........lol

Really? I totally expect him to be there. I don't have a problem with him having a share either.

I half expect him to sign with the C's for a year or two after his LA contract is up after next season.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Really? I totally expect him to be there. I don't have a problem with him having a share either.

I half expect him to sign with the C's for a year or two after his LA contract is up after next season.

I didn't say he wouldn't be in the park He's been there before.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I didn't say he wouldn't be in the park He's been there before.

There's no way Lebron is just going to sit down in the stands and not be up in the box with the big wigs. The only question is will he be wearing a NYY or Sox hat? lol

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

One and done nice

I have 2 nieces, One is in HR at Hannaford, One is a Pharm Tech at Walmart, The one at Wallmart called me late yesterday to see if i could go in before 6pm last night but i opted out, It was Moderna, My other niece told me Hannaford was getting doses in today, So i was able to get a slot at 4pm tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have 2 nieces, One is in HR at Hannaford, One is a Pharm Tech at Walmart, The one at Wallmart called me late yesterday to see if i could go in before 6pm last night but i opted out, It was Moderna, My other niece told me Hannaford was getting doses in today, So i was able to get a slot at 4pm tomorrow.

Hunger Games