• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

4 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

13.3 at 18z

needed to tie from there

1) 14.2

2) 13.6

3) 13.1

4) 7.7

5) 7.6

6) 6.9

7) 6.7

8) 6.5

9) 5.7

10) 4.8

It'll be close to maybe taking the #9 spot. I don't see 6" or more happening to move them higher than 9 but who knows, the pivot point doesn't look terrible there actually. My 18" guess for them might not be too bad in the end. 

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo1 said:

I measured in Bridgewater 20" an hour ago.

at 11 am a trained spotter measured 17.5" 2 miles from me. Somervill nj

I'm about 9 miles away and had been all snow until 30 minutes ago, at 460' and I have 11.5.  There is no way anyplace in Bridgewater has 20 legit inches.  Maybe on a picnic table by a roofline. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Okay 5 inches is low but most areas are already a foot plus. What happened there was it too dry or too much mixing? 

Literally we got pretty much zero snow from the coastal. This is a top 3 all time bust for my area. 0z runs last night showed a consensus 12-24” additional and we are gonna end up with 1-3” more at most. We might be done already. Feels bad man...

1 minute ago, wxman said:

I'm about 9 miles away and had been all snow until 30 minutes ago, at 460' and I have 11.5.  There is no way anyplace in Bridgewater has 20 legit inches.  Maybe on a picnic table by a roofline. 

I dont know,,there was that one tweet from the guy who said it was snowing in somerville 3.6 inches an hour for 2.5 hours...I think in Hillsborough and Belle Mead we are closer to a foot but Somerville and Bridgewater got into the heavy banding..almost like a summer thrunderstorm 

Just now, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Literally we got pretty much zero snow from the coastal. This is a top 3 all time bust for my area. 0z runs last night showed a consensus 12-24” additional and we are gonna end up with 1-3” more at most. We might be done already. Feels bad man...

Happens more often than not....March 2018 was painful around here...even in Jan the bomb cyclone was unimpressive. Most of the time, in my experience, the totals are overdone. Once in awhile they hit it, bit more often than not, a number of areas see less than forecast. And 5 inches is really a bust for you. But I don't believe most of NJ is gonna see 20 inches. If it flips back you'll probably pick up some more. Right now, that sleet is persisting, and until I see evidence otherwise, I don't expect much more. Now, someone will jump on my case here, and that's fine. If I knew the future, I'd have won the mega millions ( or billion! ).

• Like 1

.22 at NYC last hour so they’re at least at 15.5.  Problem is if they dry slot or go to sleet it’ll compact and they’ll end up with an inaccurate measurement at 7pm.  That’s irrelevant in regards to the storm record since they wouldn’t get there anyway if that happens but it could still cause an erroneous storm total 

• Sad 1