• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

48 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

really very little sleet here in Western Nassau. Smaller flakes with little sleet since the mega bands pushed north and west. Radar trying to redevelop some bands to the SE from coastal...

Had no sleet here in N. Syosset. About 13.5 inches so far. Visibility is about 2 to perhaps 3 blocks tops.

• Like 1

3pm:  Just reached 32* here in CI.   P> 29.64"    Some form of light-white is falling.       Here is the Radar, w/o type.

Looks like Cobb Method showing no snow after about 2pm was right so far.    Only mixed till end of storm.

EURO has three snow events after today totaling 10".     Feb. 05,07, 10.

1612210200-bToAlBSVW9I.png

7 minutes ago, FreeRain said:

Had no sleet here in N. Syosset. About 13.5 inches so far. Visibility is about 2 to perhaps 3 blocks tops.

Took measurements just now in my back lawn and averaged about 11" depth, was between 10.5 and 12". Lots of blowing around though. I leave it to those like NorthShoreWX to do this one accurately. :P 

No sleet, all snow moderate intensity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Nam has snow through tomorrow night 

Light snow here in Brooklyn. Bands are firing off the coast. 

still thinking 12"-18" or more like 18"-24" now that it seems the panic of the dry slot is dissipating?

2 minutes ago, Islandersguy said:

Snowing the hardest I’ve seen all day in White Plains. Less than a quarter mile visibility. Looking the the base reflectively and it looks almost like we are getting LI sound enhanced snow right now.

Although I am south, I'm noticing that too. It's still snowing moderately here even without obvious returns.