• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs and nowcast Major Nor'easter near blizzard Sunday afternoon Jan 31 - Sunrise Wednesday Feb 3

wdrag

4 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Cleared the board after the changeover to sleet at 1 pm with that last measurement and have had about 1/2" of mostly sleet since then, so up to 14.0" as of 3 pm; we're back to light snow at 30F. HRRR still has most of E-PA/CNJ N of 276/195 getting 4-6" more through late evening (HRRR did well with showing the sleet that other models missed) and 2-4" south of there down through Philly over to LBI. Key question is whether we get that precip or the dreaded dry slot and if the rest of the precip will be snow, assuming we get it.  

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Seeing some lighter snow again over here; wife let the dog out to poop; he wasn't satisfied with the path I cleared so he went on the pavers; went out to clean it up, couldn't find it;  covered already in the last 20 mins.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Seeing some lighter snow again over here; wife let the dog out to poop; he wasn't satisfied with the path I cleared so he went on the pavers; went out to clean it up, couldn't find it;  covered already in the last 20 mins.

based on that map it looks like Boston will get over a foot of snow.

meanwhile here I am counting 5 flakes per second lol

Just now, NorthShoreWx said:

Not here either.  I did see some graupel bouncing off my sleeve briefly earlier this afternoon, but nothing that isn't a form of snow.  Viz flirting with 1/4 mile again here now.  I'd call it moderate snow, but it's close.

fwiw sleet is also considered snow and measured as such

Just now, nesussxwx said:

I have never seen it snow this hard for so long, whiteout conditions, 2-4"/hr stuff, cannot see the end of the road. I am videotaping this cannot forget this one. almost 2 feet now

Glad to see your amounts continue to mirror mine. I’m closing in on or just eclipsing 24” at this point. Snow depth on the ground with compaction running about 2” lower than measured accumulated snow per last measurements.

4 minutes ago, nycemt123 said:

Unless they find some way to claim it was an act of Gd lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Car insurance will cover it, after a 1000 deductible ( at least thats how it is in NJ ). My wife once got hit by a guy speeding away from a cop; the township wouldn't pay for the damage; said the cop was doing his job pursuing a car jacking. Had to go thru insurance.

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Seaford and Massapequa had over a foot as of the 150pm report so southern Nassau must have some high totals too. That second main band looks like it really nailed the area for a while. 

big snowhole is over central to NE Nassau, its only very light snow here but not nothing like it was before

Lee Goldberg saying snow rates in the city will be half an inch an hour from here on out for the first half of the night

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Seaford and Massapequa had over a foot as of the 150pm report so southern Nassau must have some high totals too. That second main band looks like it really nailed the area for a while. 

You were worried about sleet yet it seems west of the Hudson had the bulk of the sleet. Never can tell...

Just now, NorthShoreWx said:

Not here either.  I did see some graupel bouncing off my sleeve briefly earlier this afternoon, but nothing that isn't a form of snow.  Viz flirting with 1/4 mile again here now.  I'd call it moderate snow, but it's close.

No mixing yet in wading river that I’ve seen.  Moderate snow at the moment.  If asked yesterday I would have guessed rain by this time.  

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yeah. I just went out to play.. uhh..shovel the snow and measured 13 inches.  Haven't had any sleet here yet either which was interesting. The snow that has been falling for the last few hours is mostly that tiny needle stuff though. 

3 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

fwiw sleet is also considered snow and measured as such

Sleet is indeed included in snow totals, but it isn't snow.  Graupel on the other hand is snowflakes with a coating of rime..  

Anyhow, the main point was that nothing has fallen here to indicate any above freezing air anywhere in the column overhead.

S+ again here in Smithtown.  I have no complaints about this one!

• Like 1