Bob Chill

Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Been lightly snowing with small flakes for the past hour or so here in the District. The fact that there's still snow covering the ground and flakes in the sky is an absolute win in my book having just moved from Raleigh. Most snow I've seen since we had about a foot 3 years ago down there.

• Like 1

Steady light snow. Band really fell apart as it approached. Not surprised, though. Looks nice, though. Freshening up the snow/ice pack.

• Like 2

Just now, ovechkin said:

No, it’s relative to what is going on a stone’s throw away. 2 inch clippers are great.  2 inches, drizzle and puddles when nearby places are in double digits... much less great. 

Sorry to hear man. I thankfully don’t feel your pain on this one. Double digits is looking all but sealed up up this way. Hope the next one is your storm!

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Extreme Northern Carroll off 97 N 

Very nice ! You’re probably getting it a little better than we are about 15-20 min to your south. Nonetheless , I’m happy as a clam. What are your totals so far?

I can actually look out the window now and lose count of the number of flakes falling. That’s a first for today and is really stretching the definition of “looking on the bright side.”

Some nice mood flakes in Crofton! About 3" of snow and 0.2-0.25" of Ice. Kind of spooky when the wind blows.

Edit: Heaviest snow of the whole storm, lol! Let's keep this rolling!

That didn't last long!

Heaviest band of the day just moved through.  Just shy of 3" new snow.

Unique snow day....not too often you see precip move toward you from the SE, E, NE and now almost due north all in a 12hr period and only rack up 3" of snow.

• Like 1