Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Considering the current radar, orographic orientation of the area, 85H and 7H moisture layer, and weak ascent due to 850-700mb frontogen, this is the area I’d say is in good shape for 2-4” additional inches minimum, mainly on the southern edge. 4-8” is possible across the northern tier, especially north-central and northwest Carroll, northern Frederick county, and northern Washington County.

299ac8ae0e51d0b071dac1ece34316be.jpg

So basically 2-4 for the I70 crew moving up from that 4" the farther north you venture....?

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Look at you fringing your own mother and father. That's cold.

That's actually my in-laws but I call them mom and dad. My parents are at the eastern shore, for now and they have their own little location sig :)

They are moving to Florida in 6-8 months though, so I'll have to move them in the future. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solo2 said:

So basically 2-4 for the I70 crew moving up from that 4" the farther north you venture....?

I'd say 2" for FDK proper and then 2-4" for areas just north like Walkersville up to near Thurmont. 4-8" around Emmitsburg. Someone like @losetoa6 and @CatoctinRN probably have the best shot to reach the 4-6" mark with the Catoctins like Camp David near 8"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

That's actually my in-laws but I call them mom and dad. My parents are at the eastern shore, for now and they have their own little location sig :)

They are moving to Florida in 6-8 months though, so I'll have to move them in the future. 

I will be moving to Eastern Shore in the next couple of years. Gonna miss the mountains. But the nice thing about the Mid Atlantic is the mountains, beaches and cities are all within 3 hours. Love living here. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I will be moving to Eastern Shore in the next couple of years. Gonna miss the mountains. But the nice thing about the Mid Atlantic is the mountains, beaches and cities are all within 3 hours. Love living here. 

Trading in the snow shoes for flip flops eh ;)

I hope to get a job at LWX or WPC in the next 2-3 years. Will probably live near Sterling if LWX and Clarksburg on Parrs Ridge if WPC. Fingers crossed, but I really love the area where I grew up. I feel you 100% there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

2.3” of new snow since 7:00 a.m.  10” now for a storm total.  And the band that has been pounding HGR all day is finally making its move toward my yard.  Snow picking up in intensity quickly.

Nice brother. Hope I can snag another inch. Double digit snows are the best. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic