• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Yeah, CMC is def better than the GFS.  Nice compromise.  I'd take it

Along 95 mixes with sleet for a good while...but even that I am somewhat skeptical...it secondaries to the outer banks and tracks up off the coast and stalls for 12 hours just east of Ocean City while it tracks the upper energy right over us.  History suggests that works out pretty good.   The one factor muting the outcome somewhat on the CMC is the coastal takes its time really getting going.  But amp that up SLIGHTLY...say one more bump like this was from 0z and we end up with a very nice outcome.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deer Whisperer said:

Yeah it would definitely be iffy down here. Anything over 2" is a win for me at this point

Yeah I flirt with sleet for one panel but stay in the blue.  Too close for comfort if you go to sleet.  Still nice event for many. 

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

CMC looks an awful lot like just a weaker version of the Euro to me. Snows forever, and like PSU said, just make it a better transfer and a little stronger and it's a much better result. Snows for like 60 hours.

I think the fact that a recent model run has still produced this version is good. Shows that idea is not off the table. Bring on the EURO!

Just now, WVclimo said:

This is QPF on the GGEM after the coastal takes over.  For us “westerners” this is all snow.

6FF8B073-CB0A-4354-AE0E-2D094DD65007.thumb.jpeg.8af38bad936c1fbfaae004079049f4a0.jpeg

Man, this panel tells a lot. This is an incredibly tight set up as is. Transfer a little later... most of us are outside looking in for costal action. Transfer a little earlier... might be double digits region wide. This is going to come down to the wire for the coastal stuff. Exciting and terrifying. 

• Like 1