• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

10 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Current tally for the three storm model prediction in 5 days is little storm verified, moderate storm tonight into tomorrow gone, huge storm Sunday going away. We will see if they hit one out of three or two out of three. Either way, I’m grateful the other science methods I rely on for last 20 years Don’t have an average of 1/3 or 2/3. Vaccines are the rage now, glad they have a 99% effect rate. So many many other examples also. 

The 'little storm' verified as a huge ice storm here.   Still getting an inch or two down here from the moderate storm you say is gone (10 days ago it predicted this SW, btw) and Sunday is not going away, like we all wish you would with this load of crap you spew.  So, for mby, the models are 3 for 3.  

Like PSU said, start making predictions 7-10 days out (or any predictions at all for that matter) and we can track your success vs the models' success. You would have no chance in hell keeping up with NWP.

29 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Current tally for the three storm model prediction in 5 days is little storm verified, moderate storm tonight into tomorrow gone, huge storm Sunday going away. We will see if they hit one out of three or two out of three. Either way, I’m grateful the other science methods I rely on for last 20 years Don’t have an average of 1/3 or 2/3. Vaccines are the rage now, glad they have a 99% effacy  rate. So many many other examples also. 

Used to be tubes and transistors everywhere. Now microdot miniaturization and phones we hold in the palm of our hands that not long ago filled an entire room. Models are still transistors and tubes. Far more emphasis needs to be placed on the 3 day and inside and stop wasting time and money on these 5-10 out tasks which are simply too precise to actually be of value.

Break it down into zones, say from Maine  to VA and east of mountains is zone A. Ditch the 20” snow graphics for 5+ and merely issue text that Zone  A has heightened opportunity for heavy snow in 5-10 days  and then get down to the very suggestive and explicit graphics come day 3

Not merely bitching but rather offering suggestions and solutions. 

This is a model discussion for day 3 to 7 weather threats. This type of message just clogs up the forum. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5