Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL it’s just for fun. Not the type to push these kids on YouTube, but man it’s insane how much it reminds me of when I was his age. He’s actually got caught being distracted at remote learning from looking at TY and Pivotal. :lol:  

Well done. It feels so great when jr takes up his dad’s passion without it being forced upon him. 

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL it’s just for fun. Not the type to push these kids on YouTube, but man it’s insane how much it reminds me of when I was his age. He’s actually got caught being distracted at remote learning from looking at TY and Pivotal. :lol:  

I was sneaking watching TWC instead of sports back then when the family left to go shopping. Then when they pulled in I’d quickly slide the old cable box back to ESPN or NESN as if I had been watching Spice. I thought they would think there was something wrong with me. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stowe Village is looking pretty sweet these days.  Classic New England village, tidy, white steeple church...and while the snowpack isn't the deepest (I've got 18" on the ground), but it is just mushroom capped on everything.

Looks just like it does on vacations to Park City, Utah or Steamboat, Colorado.  Snow stacked up without any indication there's ever a breath of wind, ha. Plenty of bread and butter.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c5fa8802eab64b5cdabe5cfde6e3bb3b.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I was sneaking watching TWC instead of sports back then when the family left to go shopping. Then when they pulled in I’d quickly slide the old cable box back to ESPN or NESN as if I had been watching Spice. I thought they would think there was something wrong with me. lol

My folks didn't like my obsession with weather.  Back in the day it always came on around 620pm on the evening news.  My mother would call for dinner right at 615pm just to spite me.  I also was always sneaking on the spotlights at night to see if it was snowing and they would yell at me that  it is wasting electricity.  I remember once they turned on the spotlights in the evening and there was a cold rain.  Cat paws were mixing in from time to time with a mangled flake or two.  I would get excited and they would look outside and just see rain and told me it was all in my head.  Lots of stories like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Kev, what are your top 5 brews one can readily find at a CT liquor store? Starting to see some Fiddlehead and Night Shift brews down here.

You can generally find these and I have these in order best to not quite best: Based on IPA’s only 

Abomination - anything from them is A+

Marlowe- - another brewery you will not go wrong

Short Throw- great brewery from LI.. all good 

Hoof Hearted- have not had a bad one 

Fat Orange Cat- greatly upped their game since started brewing at 12% in North Haven. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You can generally find these and I have these in order best to not quite best: Based on IPA’s only 

Fat Orange Cat- greatly upped their game since started brewing at 12% in North Haven. 

Thank you. I had a great one from Hoof Hearted a few weeks ago; saw Marlowe and Fat Orange Cat the other day but have never tried their stuff. I will definitely check them out next go round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Have you had anything from Black Hog in Oxford?  Good stuff