Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

He is doing this to make sure no one can ever touch his records again. He is the Michael Phelps of football. Just superhuman levels of achievement. 

It’s unreal how he’s been able to survive this long with little to no degradation in his skills.  Greatest quarterback ever

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It’s unreal how he’s been able to survive this long with little to no degradation in his skills.  Greatest quarterback ever

Yep. Now someone who wants to beat his record needs to switch to a shitty team and then take them to the SB and win against the heavy favorite. LOL

It may never be done. Perhaps when we have space football or something. 

• Like 1

As someone who has lived much of my life in New England but became a Cowboys fan in the late 80s during my brief time living there and don’t particularly like the Patriots but don’t despise them either like local Jets or Giants fans here, I feel like I have a relatively neutral perspective of Brady. 

The dude is ridiculous. We’re never going to see this again in our lifetimes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

As someone who has lived much of my life in New England but became a Cowboys fan in the late 80s during my brief time living there and don’t particularly like the Patriots but don’t despise them either like local Jets or Giants fans here, I feel like I have a relatively neutral perspective of Brady. 

Agreed as a Giants fan.  To change teams so late in his career, and then slay it in the Super Bowl with a new team...at his age?  He’s insane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Agreed as a Giants fan.  To change teams so late in his career, and then slay it in the Super Bowl with a new team...at his age?  He’s insane.

And he’s barely lost anything. Nevermind looking at his pure stats which is enough as it is, but did you see that utter laser he thew to Gronk for the 2nd TD? Dudes like Roethlisberger or Brees couldn’t make that throw these days and they are obviously younger than Brady. 

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Brady has had three Hall of Fame careers. 

Shoulda stayed with Bledsoe.

• Haha 1

I always say Brady could have turned me into a pro WR. Just give me a stopwatch and tell me where to stand when with my arms extended. Dude is a master of the timing game. I am so happy he won. Class act too. He never had any drama and always played his heart out for the team. Never bothered with dumb insurance commercials either. 

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

He should retire now. He did it all. Go out on top, Tom.  

Everyone said that after the Atlanta comeback when he won his 5th. 

He’s coming back. He is one of these dudes who literally loves playing football including the tedious shit like mini-camps...the type of stuff that guys like Brett Favre skipped at the end of their career because nobody likes them. But Brady actually enjoys it and has this really unique competitive edge that makes him not want to be caught by anyone. As a Cowboys fan, it reminds me of the way Emmitt Smith was from a mental perspective on how they approach the game. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Everyone said that after the Atlanta comeback when he won his 5th. 

He’s coming back. He is one of these dudes who literally loves playing football including the tedious shit like mini-camps...the type of stuff that guys like Brett Favre skipped at the end of their career because nobody likes them. But Brady actually enjoys it and has this really unique competitive edge that makes him not want to be caught by anyone. As a Cowboys fan, it reminds me of the way Emmitt Smith was from a mental perspective on how they approach the game. 

But I would hate to see him go out sacked into oblivion and with a massive injury, for example. Phelps knew when to hang up his goggles.

I agree he will keep going, however.