Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

6 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

And the mortgage brokers don't give a shit, they just want the commission, then when the SHTF they blame the appraisers.

Amazing to think that brokers and appraisers are approving people for massive mortgages when their income doesn't justify it after the 06'-08' robosigning debacle. Prepare for another collapse if that's still going on :axe:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Amazing to think that brokers and appraisers are approving people for massive mortgages when their income doesn't justify it after the 06'-08' robosigning debacle. Prepare for another collapse if that's still going on :axe:

not amazing at all having seen the outcome... TARP, no arrests, monthly MBS purchases, etc.  Why shouldn't they?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m on td Ameritrade.... looks like I have a stop market, same thing?

Yup! TD Ameritrade should also have an order type called "stop limit" which can protect you against the "gapping" issue I described. See this YouTube video.

Just now, radarman said:

not amazing at all having seen the outcome... TARP, no arrests, monthly MBS purchases, etc.  Why shouldn't they?

You're right, I guess it's not really amazing. It's sad and scary actually.

So is college debt when you have no help. I'm 32, graduated 10 years ago with 6-figure debt and a monthly minimum payment over $1,000. It's like another rent payment. I know I will not be able to buy a home until I'm like 50 and wouldn't be able to afford a giant mortgage. IDK what some of these people are thinking when they do take it out. In over their heads and the folks that approve it are just as guilty and shouldn't be allowed in that profession

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

You're right, I guess it's not really amazing. It's sad and scary actually.

So is college debt when you have no help. I'm 32, graduated 10 years ago with 6-figure debt and a monthly minimum payment over $1,000. It's like another rent payment. I know I will not be able to buy a home until I'm like 50 and wouldn't be able to afford a giant mortgage. IDK what some of these people are thinking when they do take it out. In over their heads and the folks that approve it are just as guilty and shouldn't be allowed in that profession

If you can, I’d look into buying a small condo. It sounds daunting at first but the mortgage payment on it would prob be similar to rent you are paying...and at least you’d be building up equity in the condo rather than lighting money on fire each month with rent. Even if it’s a small dumpy little condo that doesn’t seem “worth it” to buy. Still way better than renting assuming you know you’ll be in the area for s few years.

You don’t even have to save up a ton either if you have decent credit. You can prob put like 3% down. 

But anyways, this would allow you to buy a house down the road a lot easier than waiting until 50. You sell that condo after 5-10 years and prob have a 100+ grand pocketed. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you can, I’d look into buying a small condo. It sounds daunting at first but the mortgage payment on it would prob be similar to rent you are paying...and at least you’d be building up equity in the condo rather than lighting money on fire each month with rent. Even if it’s a small dumpy little condo that doesn’t seem “worth it” to buy. Still way better than renting assuming you know you’ll be in the area for s few years.

You don’t even have to save up a ton either if you have decent credit. You can prob put like 3% down. 

But anyways, this would allow you to buy a house down the road a lot easier than waiting until 50. You sell that condo after 5-10 years and prob have a 100+ grand pocketed. 

Appreciate the words of wisdom.

Def a reasonable place to start that could be feasible for me and my GF. Paying rent is the absolute worst as, like you said, is just like throwing money down the crapper every month. That's one thing I always mention to someone who I hear bitching/complaining about making their mortgage payment every month, "It's an investment and eventually an asset, unlike paying rent".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Stupid question, but what will I use to make sure my stocks sell if they drop below a certain price?

Just be very careful if you doing that with lower priced stocks that are volatile or well above their 50 day moving averages.  It's very common for stocks to move with volatility to take out peoples stop loss orders and then you are stuck with a nice loss. I know what i own and i believe in all of them.  They have only fallen 20% in a week or two IF THEY have just risen 40% in a short period and many have at some point in the last 3 months. If I had tight stop losses I would have been forced to sell most of my winners at their low points within a uptrend channel 

Also, there looks to be a "Game stop light" situation going on in a number of Cannabis stocks.  BUDZ and SNDL both up 100% today. Just rolling.

One of my favorites over the next month or two is CRYBF ...just signed 5 year deal w  largest Canadian Auto dealer 2 days ago...That auto dealer sells thru all the major retail stores. Superior Tech.  Consolidated today and is going to move aggressively soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m on td Ameritrade.... looks like I have a stop market, same thing?

I’m on TDAm too. Yea, stop market.

I’ve been learning on my own lately with a help from a friend at times but I’d stay away from those plays imo. Weed, green energy, ev, tech, and semi conductor sectors is where my focus is. I keep it simple but I research the companies and believe in them enough to ride out the downturns. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m on TDAm too. Yea, stop market.

I’ve been learning on my own lately with a help from a friend at times but I’d stay away from those plays imo. Weed, green energy, ev, tech, and semi conductor sectors is where my focus is. I keep it simple but I research the companies and believe in them enough to ride out the downturns. 

Yeah... I set the stop market pretty low... I just don’t want to get below my starting investment basically 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just be very careful if you doing that with lower priced stocks that are volatile or well above their 50 day moving averages.  It's very common for stocks to move with volatility to take out peoples stop loss orders and then you are stuck with a nice loss. I know what i own and i believe in all of them.  They have only fallen 20% in a week or two IF THEY have just risen 40% in a short period and many have at some point in the last 3 months. 

Also, there looks to be a "Game stop light" situation going on in a number of Cannabis stocks.  BUDZ and SNDL both up 100% today. Just rolling.

One of my favorites over the next month or two is CRYBF ...just signed 5 year deal w  largest Canadian Auto dealer 2 days ago...That auto dealer sells thru all the major retail stores. Superior Tech.  Consolidated today and is going to move aggressively soon. 

Yea. I have SNDL and a few others. I’m highly invested in weed lol. APHA is a good one that has been rolling too. I like them alot. 

I’ll take a look at CRYBF, thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I have SNDL and a few others. I’m highly invested in weed lol. APHA is a good one that has been rolling too. I like them alot. 

I’ll take a look at CRYBF, thanks.

SNDL OGI, BUDZ all insane today. I try and sell anything that triples in a week unless mega stock specific news comes out  , BC when the mega volume stops ..prices will be cut and if I like them I try to buy back in when they at least fall to their 9 day or 20 day moving averages . 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

SNDL OGI, BUDZ all insane today. I try and sell anything that triples in a week unless mega stock specific news comes out  , BC when the mega volume stops ..prices will be cut and if I like them I try to buy back in when they at least fall to their 9 day or 20 day moving averages . 

You don’t think a 112% gain is sustainable? lol. I only have 5 shares of SNDL but you’re right...I should probably sell it off and buy back in for 10 shares when it falls. 

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You don’t think a 112% gain is sustainable? lol. I only have 5 shares of SNDL but you’re right...I should probably sell it off and buy back in for 10 shares when it falls. 

This market is exciting and has lured in so many. If you look at the tweet I posted which is for the small cap index of 2000 stocks and zoom in to this year ..it is vertical .. sorts like SNDL chart . We are at the point where retail is manifesting mini bubbles every other week. Let’s just say the market itself is wild and the “exits” would be overwhelmed should any real Un forseen scare pop up . Add in record build up of leverage (margin debt) and these are very interesting times in global asset markets .

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This market is exciting and has lured in so many. If you look at the tweet I posted which is for the small cap index of 2000 stocks and zoom in to this year ..it is vertical .. sorts like SNDL chart . We are at the point where retail is manifesting mini bubbles every other week. Let’s just say the market itself is wild and the “exits” would be overwhelmed should any real In forseen scare pop up . 

Yes, I saw the graph. The sell offs are inevitable imo but I’m still riding out my little porfolio when it does and then pound it even more. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes, I saw the graph. The sell offs are inevitable imo but I’m still riding out my little porfolio when it does and then pound it even more. 

Ya regular sell off definitely are nothing to be afraid of . I’m just saying that if a black swan came around at the market with this sort of record margin debt (leverage ) , the system is at risk of being toast and needing a “reset”

While the music is playing investors have to dance and the fed and every global central bank are hinting they will be willing to do all they can to keep singing out of any orifice that can make noise out of  for years to come . 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya regular sell off definitely are nothing to be afraid of . I’m just saying that if a black swan came around at the market with this sort of record margin debt (leverage ) , the system is at risk of being toast . 

Ah. You’re going worst case scenario, understood. I don’t know then. My aggressive 401k portfolio would be at risk though. Doesn’t the market tend to have ‘fallouts/crashes’ every 15-20 years? If the trends remain true...we are close. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ah. You’re going worst case scenario, understood. I don’t know then. My aggressive 401k portfolio would be at risk though. Doesn’t the market tend to have ‘fallouts/crashes’ every 15-20 years? If the trends remain true...we are close. 

I don’t Know man, I’m all over the place lol.

It’s just wild that global Central banks are all in on zero interest rates for next couple years and are aggressively monetizing (buying their own)  sovereign debt (to keep bond market Stable and interest rates low)  ..while we are at all time highs. That’s uncharted territory, so it’s a systematic concern Of the current monetary system .

Hopefully we can kick the can down the road and keep any downturns very brief With fed help bc the market doesn’t have the will for a cleansing of bad debts Which used to occur (in a business cycle).

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I don’t Know man, I’m all over the place lol.

It’s just wild that global Central banks are all in on zero interest rates for next couple years and are aggressively monetizing (buying their own)  sovereign debt (to keep bond market Stable and interest rates low)  ..while we are at all time highs. That’s uncharted territory, so it’s a systematic concern Of the current monetary system .

Hopefully we can kick the can down the road and keep any downturns very brief With fed help bc the market doesn’t have the will for a cleansing of bad debts Which used to occur (in a business cycle).

I wouldn’t be so sure about zero interest rates for the next couple years. 

The fed hasn’t officially ruled out raising rates in late 2021 (though I think they’re unlikely) but I think it’s fair to say that rate hikes should be every investors base case in calendar year 2022. Will they still be low by historical standards-yes, most likely.. But above the current baseline? Yes, most likely. 

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

SNDL up 42% in early morning trade ..after 100%. Yesterday 

NAKD streaking as well but nothing wild so far. WSB https://www.reddit.com/r/NAKDstock/comments/lalfp0/the_next_gme_a_conclusive_systematic_analysis_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Yeah.... it’s now time to start figuring out when I get out of SNDL

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

I had hexo early last year after holding awhile. Sold at a loss. Dumb.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Can’t win em all but I’m not selling any of my weed stocks until I retire in 20 years lol. I’ll rebalance, etc. If the industry takes off, which is inevitable at some point imo, I want to be along for the ride. Same with green energy.

11 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think I may need to sell mine today....seems like today is the peak, or is it? I have a massive watchlist in TD am and every single one of them are up premarket and have been all week...seems like a good time to sell and let them drop back a bit