Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

17 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Crypto is a bubble right now but overall it will go up over the years.  Took me 4 years to make back some of the FOMO losses but hey it's all good lol

So many things are in a bubble right now.  Cryptos look like they are about to have a huge bull run and yes, there will be corrections but any bear market in cryptos will be short lived for the ones that are solid. 

Decentralized blockchain currencies and defi transactions are the future.    I don't think cash is going away but I certainly don't think cryptos are going away.  Big institutions are manipulating short term moves in the cryptocurrency markets so they can accumulate their favorites. 

It's a risky market to be in so obviously don't spend money you can't afford to lose.    

I have small positions in the crypto platforms I believe in and hopefully that pays off.

45 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Nice.  Yeah I sold at $3.30. I was debating selling off hours this AM but oh well lol.  Still made a few bucks.

Nice... any profit is good profit as far as I’m concerned. If it opens pretty low tomorrow I may jump back in with like 100 bucks... see if it jumps up in the afternoon and then get out.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Nice... any profit is good profit as far as I’m concerned. If it opens pretty low tomorrow I may jump back in with like 100 bucks... see if it jumps up in the afternoon and then get out.

Fridays before a long weekend are a good time to lock profits and get out of any swing trades you are on the fence about.

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

So..... I am a more conservative investor. I bought into $sndl just for a little fun. Lost today. Should I cut losses? @N. OF PIKE @bch2014

I actually don’t day trade. I was just helping out with the brokerage question. 

That said, it’s hard to say if you should cut your losses or not. The whole marijuana sector was down today, so it wasn’t $SNDL specific... Which would lead me to suggest that you wait for another bounce up before unloading it. That said-marijuana valuations are so frothy right now that who knows if the memeist of them of them all ($SNDL) will post a new high anytime soon.

FWIW, my two most recent purchases are PHM and BMBL (bought at $71 a bit before the market closed today). I see home builders as being great bets over the next 24 months and PHM has an attractive PEG. As for BMBL, they just IPO’ed but it has room to run to the upside with reopening and people starting to date again. I think they have opportunity to steal market share from their chief competitor, MTCH.

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Fridays before a long weekend are a good time to lock profits and get out of any swing trades you are on the fence about.

Yeah I agree.  DNN is doing pretty well.  I think someone on the forum here mentioned in a couple weeks ago.  I should have bought in then versus earlier this week but oh well! 

Crypto already is on a hugeeee bull run.  Big resistance at BTC 50k and ETH at 2k.  If it hits those, sell big time.  Also Chinese New Year ending.  Crypto always goes down after that. 

This is not financial advice.  I'm some jabronie who's lost more than he's made. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Crazy stat on Fairfield County real estate. 

The Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk metro area led the nation in U.S. home price increases in the fourth quarter, up by 39%, according to the National Association of Realtors.

I don't really understand the logic in buying into NYC metro real estate (and to a lesser extent, greater Boston real estate as well) right now if you're expecting significant appreciation in property values. If you're buying because you want to live in the house for the next 40 years, then that's different... But that's not why the average 28 y/o who just moved out of Park Slope is buying... They're doing it because it's "less cool" to live in the city right now... And I say this as someone who is 25 and has the financial capacity to/considered buying a condo in Hoboken/Jersey City this summer... So it's not sour grapes. I can kind of understand buying into the city as prices have dipped somewhat.

But-if you believe the thesis that companies, jobs, and wealth are relocating south to Nashville, Miami, Dallas, etc... What exactly is the upshot on suburban real estate in the northeast? The cities, at least in theory, will always have some kind of intrinsic value due to their cultural attractions and capital... But what justifies the 3x premium on real estate in suburban NYC and Boston vs. Dallas or Nashville if the high paying jobs that support those prices are leaving the area. And if you don't believe that those jobs are leaving the Northeastern cities, then why is the buyer leaving the city in the first place...?

Moreover, with rising interest rates likely over the next 3-5 years, you're likely to see some topline compression (or at least more muted growth) in home values as buyers will no longer have access to such cheap loans. 

Anyhow-off my soap box-but my main point remains: How do you square the rising home prices in suburban NYC and Boston with the narrative (supported by some empirical evidence) that the high-paying jobs that enable those prices are moving to the sun belt?

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Any records in the nrn plains this morning? Saw near -40 at INL, but they can do that. 

INL was at least -41F which is a new record. Coldest for so late in the season since 1973. Only 3 other airmasses have brought -40s there this late in the season in their period of record.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

You can almost connect winter weather headlines coast to coast right now in the US. Only break I can find is on the front range of CO. Sorry for the crude line drew it with my finger on my phone. 

4A496BF2-7569-42B8-9075-2E80E0C3F9F6.jpeg

You can actually connect up through WY...there’s a winter wx advisory that gets hidden behind a wind chill warning north of Laramie.