Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Our weather in New England in spring is an utter dumpster fire most of the time....I’d rather have an event give me an inch of snow over 40 hours than entertain the idea of enduring countless wheel-o-rhea days to try and sneak in a few nice ones in between. 

Anyways, 00z NAM definitely didn’t help anything on this storm. 3km continues to look a little better than 12km. 

I can certainly understand the logic but that sort idea seems more so for after the 10th of March by our climo ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It all plays a factor. I think the other thing is people want a more normal spring/summer this year. They’ve just about had it with covid and being indoors. 

Yep. Which is why I said I’ll probably change next year. I’m completely done with this effing virus.

54 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I usually dictate my posts to my private secretary and she posts them for me to this Internet website, but sometimes I type them up on my typewriter and and fax them over to the board moderator and he uploads them to the world wide web for me. That's a bit trickier but works in a pinch!

You may have noticed new posters disappearing one by one. I have them chained in my basement typing my thoughts until they eventually die. I just rip and replace them as needed. No one really misses a weenie when they're gone. 

• Like 1

So my whole household is now positive... my wife and my parents who live downstairs.

I am awaiting my pcr test results, I’m assuming it will be positive, since my sense of taste and smell disappeared today.

Ive seen quite a few articles about people’s taste and smell just flat out not coming back. That’s a little alarming to me, what’s the deal with that?

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So my whole household is now positive... my wife and my parents who live downstairs.

I am awaiting my pcr test results, I’m assuming it will be positive, since my sense of taste and smell disappeared today.

Ive seen quite a few articles about people’s taste and smell just flat out not coming back. That’s a little alarming to me, what’s the deal with that?

At least it wouldn't be hard to keep the pounds off 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Oh man hope the rents are ok as well as you. God speed

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh man hope the rents are ok as well as you. God speed

My wife is on the mend, but no taste or smell at all for nearly a week now.

My dad has many heart and lung conditions, but he is faring well so far. Just loss of taste and smell, and my mother a head cold.

Pretty unlucky for my mom, she had already had her first dose of the vaccine 

• Sad 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My dad has many heart and lung conditions, but he is faring well so far. Just loss of taste and smell, and my mother a head cold.

Oh damn

45 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That's the tell tale sign, My son and daughter in law lost theres and they were positive back in Nov.

11 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I've read that the first dose offers some protection against infection - obviously not enough in your mom's case - and also can limit severity in many cases.

56 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ma vaccine site crashed, and they have no way to verify who has 2+ Underlying health issues, so it’s basically a free for all.

How many healthy 20-30 somethings are going to show up saying they have 2 underlying health conditions to get the shot?

Yeah... not sure how they can manage that... HIPPA and all...     Doctor's note?

It sucks because people I know with 2 underlying conditions that are not so good but are  not listed cannot get the vaccine yet

33 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

We got a robo call from the mayor of Braintree last night stating that as of March 1st the state isn’t providing us any more COVID vaccine and the only ones  (75+) who can get it now are the ones who already had the first shot 

That makes no sense because they just opened it up to 65 and older?

13 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

On a positive, at least the dutch ovens can't be smelled. In all seriousness, I hope everyone recovers quickly.

Just now, Cyclone-68 said:

The mayor sounded pretty po’d at the governor at any rate 

I’m not really sure that I understand moving away from local sites to larger ones.   In the town next to mine (Gardner MA) they have been doing a clinic a couple of days per week and have been doing well at it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Ma vaccine site crashed, and they have no way to verify who has 2+ Underlying health issues, so it’s basically a free for all.

How many healthy 20-30 somethings are going to show up saying they have 2 underlying health conditions to get the shot?

yeah, saw that.. I was trying to register.. I might wait a couple of weeks till things settle