• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

Hopefully isolated.   There was a frenzy in our neighborhood a few years ago when a guy who was a drug addict was watching homes and when someone left checked to see if the door was open and if anyone else was home.  If the house was empty, he’d go through unlocked doors.    He was apprehended quickly.   We still don’t lock our doors outside of overnight.  Likely the car in Tolland was unlocked.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Remember the night Kev was cowering in the dark during the Halloween storm and criminals were prowling his hood breaking into cars and homes.?

It’s been happening bi weekly or monthly . I saw the video where they caught them. They were hiding in a shed . I guess they drove around my circle 3 times and were stopping and looking at houses and cars and someone shoveling approached them 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been happening bi weekly or monthly . I saw the video where they caught them. They were hiding in a shed . I guess they drove around my circle 3 times and were stopping and looking at houses and cars and someone shoveling approached them 

Was it just a car broken into? 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Happens everywhere, Bad neighborhoods/great neighborhoods, Punks/addicts and I have other words for them......looking for loose change/laptops, etc. Just lock your doors, house /cars etc. I know , like no one has ever said this before....back to weather!

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

“Petty” crime like this has seemingly been on the rise. Most teenagers have literally nothing to do anymore outside of being on their phones. That breeds low-level crime like this. Many other factors too. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Was it just a car broken into? 

From what I’ve gathered.. they stole an Acura RDX in Manchester, drove up here and were looking for trouble. You know how my neighborhood is a circle.. so my neighbor said he saw them circle around three x over the course of 10 minutes. And they were stopping at houses and I guess trying to open car doors . He said one of his neighbors approached them and they took off . They then went down to the Green and crashed the car and took off on foot . Had handguns and hid in a shed. The video shows three of them cuffed and stuffed into three different cruisers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

“Petty” crime like this has seemingly been on the rise. Most teenagers have literally nothing to do anymore outside of being on their phones. That breeds low-level crime like this. Many other factors too. 

We've had a rash of carjackings and muggings by teenagers in this area. I believe CT also has become pretty soft with minor offenders, so that probably plays into it as well.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They couldn’t have been more than 16 from the video I saw. Maybe they were looking for elevation?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve seen people post and complain in the town FB page about car break-ins and the doors weren’t locked. I don’t feel bad in the least bit. 

It happens all the time at night. I’ve never , ever seen it happen in broad daylight . On a Saturday afternoon no less when many people are home . I mean we’re a rural hilltown in E BoomFook Ne CT. And the fact they ended up in my neighborhood is even worse That’s a first . Lock your cars and gun up

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It happens all the time at night. I’ve never , ever seen it happen in broad daylight . On a Saturday afternoon no less when many people are home . That’s a first 

Sounds like the ring-leader lives in Tolland... 21 year old driver.  But also some very young ones too.

“State police said a 13-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl were also in the car. They were issued juvenile summonses and released to their parents.

State police determined, after questioning, that the group was on its way to burglarize and steal vehicles in Tolland County, according to a report.“

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Hopefully isolated.   There was a frenzy in our neighborhood a few years ago when a guy who was a drug addict was watching homes and when someone left checked to see if the door was open and if anyone else was home.  If the house was empty, he’d go through unlocked doors.    He was apprehended quickly.   We still don’t lock our doors outside of overnight.  Likely the car in Tolland was unlocked.

When I was very young the older folks would often talk about houses/cars left unlocked with never a worry. From my experience living in several Brooklyn hoods, I could never be sure if the recollections told to me 60+ years ago were true or fanciful. As always ...

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like the ring-leader lives in Tolland... 21 year old driver.  But also some very young ones too.

“State police said a 13-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl were also in the car. They were issued juvenile summonses and released to their parents.

State police determined, after questioning, that the group was on its way to burglarize and steal vehicles in Tolland County, according to a report.“

Gets worse

5lXNuiO.png

16 minutes ago, rclab said:

When I was very young the older folks would often talk about houses/cars left unlocked with never a worry. From my experience living in several Brooklyn hoods, I could never be sure if the recollections told to me 60+ years ago were true or fanciful. As always ...

I’ve always presumed our big dog not too happy with an intruder beat locks all day every day.  

Hey Kevin...you packing?

• Like 1