Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... the woman said something like 86% accuracy for the rapid... I found that number a little odd so I figured I’d check here to see if anyone else heard anything else.

Anyway, my wife had her pcr results come back tonight, also positive, so no surprise there after a rapid positive.

I await my pcr results now.

You don't have to say, but any idea where you got it from? Always curious how it spreads.  Seems like few people just "randomly" get it

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

You don't have to say, but any idea where you got it from? Always curious how it spreads.  Seems like few people just "randomly" get it

My wife thinks she got it from the family she babysits for. The husband has it. He has no clue where he got it... he goes to the Starbucks drive through and grocery store, doesn’t do much else.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My wife thinks she got it from the family she babysits for. The husband has it. He has no clue where he got it... he goes to the Starbucks drive through and grocery store, doesn’t do much else.

It's almost like the virus spreads on it's own irrespective of how many thin napkins you tape to your nose or how many times you hit the sanitizer pump. Crazy!

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Cryptocurrencies are quivering for a decent break downward or an epic break upward.   By cryptocurrencies I mean the solid players not the shitcoins. 
Blockchain is here to stay.  

Market doesn’t look lovely right now with dollar spiking . Crypto’s May sell off nicely here . When SP 500 loses 3915, we go to 3870 and see if that holds . Wound be very impressed if market finishes green today 

20 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Hmm, go figure, seasonal flu levels are at historically low levels.  Wonder why that is, maybe the virus can't spread due to mandatory mask wearing, social distancing, and better hygiene.  Crazy! 

is it possible that seasonal flu cases are being characterized as covid cases?

46 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Hmm, go figure, seasonal flu levels are at historically low levels.  Wonder why that is, maybe the virus can't spread due to mandatory mask wearing, social distancing, and better hygiene.  Crazy! 

Purely anecdotal here, but my youngest daughter is 6 and has always been sick over the winter months with a cold, runny nose, cough, sore throat, etc since she was a baby. Not for a few days, but for weeks straight every cold season, she just never seems to shake it.  We think she has maybe a weaker immune system as my other daughter almost never gets sick (she is 8).  

This cold season so far--not even a runny nose for one day, no cough, sore throat, fever-- nothing at all. It's been pretty remarkable.  Kids have been in school 4 days a week most of the year here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It must absolutely blow your mind that FL and CA have basically the same COVID metrics despite wildly different approaches to handling the virus. If anything, CA has been worse considering FL has a much older population. Crazy indeed!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It must absolutely blow your mind that FL and CA have basically the same COVID metrics despite wildly different approaches to handling the virus. If anything, CA has been worse considering FL has a much older population. Crazy indeed!

I don't care for either state.  They both suck.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:55 PM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I imagine it could be frustrating  but IT IS an error ,  so you won't be paying it back. They can see this clearly , it's just they are so overwhelmed it will take a while for them to clear it up. Has happened to many folks. You will be fine. 

I mean ...if you want to you could make a nice donation to the state but if it was legit there is really nada to worry about it.

There is about 1 Million glitches in the Unemployment system as it's massively overwhelmed And as far as any theoretical line to pay back umemployment there is about 2-3 million folks  who would be ahead of her that actually are just collecting fraudulently  (because it's incredibly easy with no double checking , esp as a gig worker) but to prove this would be very hard...( how can you prove someone doesn't work for themselves part time...especially when they have people who will vouch that yes joe blow painted his house...fixed his faucet....insert any gig work that is incredibly hard to disprove)  .  Folks who did that last year got 600 extra a week , even if they were only making 150 per week as "gig worker". 

Your wife collected legally and they will 100% clear this up for you, it's just they are so overwhelmed the process to correct it is going to take a long time. 

I hear ya, but on the website it says they reserve the right to garnish wages as well as tax refunds etc etc.

We want to file our taxes, but we don’t want them to intercept the return. I’d like to think this won’t happen since it’s in appeal, but who knows.

We also are due a sizable refund, so we could use that money now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I hear ya, but on the website it says they reserve the right to garnish wages as well as tax refunds etc etc.

We want to file our taxes, but we don’t want them to intercept the return. I’d like to think this won’t happen since it’s in appeal, but who knows.

We also are due a sizable refund, so we could use that money now.

If they wrongfully seize it and hold it, you may be due interest on the amount wrongfully seized methinks. But cross that bridge if you have to. Doubtful it comes to that. 

7 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

If they wrongfully seize it and hold it, you may be due interest on the amount wrongfully seized methinks. But cross that bridge if you have to. Doubtful it comes to that. 

With all the issues to be worked out I’d like to think they aren’t doing that at this point.

11 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Market doesn’t look lovely right now with dollar spiking . Crypto’s May sell off nicely here . When SP 500 loses 3915, we go to 3870 and see if that holds . Wound be very impressed if market finishes green today 

There have been people that got bitcoin to buy stuff online and got accidently rich.

2 minutes ago, PWMan said:

There's definitely a curve. Once you're past a certain point in a marriage, spouses relish space. It's good to have separate hobbies.

As for this threat, it's interesting that a lot of model runs have featured a little finger of moderate QPF reaching up into southern ME. Of course, I'm now up in Bethel so at best I'll see an inch or two of fluff - but I'll take what I can get. I'm just glad my ski getaway didn't coincide with a torch or atmospheric river.

Bethel, isn't that where Opera House restaurant is/was?

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So when those few of you that stay up all night to look at models.. you’re actually sitting up at a desk or couch posting models and posts on a PC and not at least tucked in under the covers on your phone? I had no idea . That just seems crazy to me. When I get up at the normal waking hour of 4:15 to run and view posts.. people that had been posting in the prior 2 hours are on computers? No wonder all you get in trouble with wives . It’s 2021.. you can do everything from a phone 

Just because you can doesn't make it better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Unless it’s a big season, I find it tiresome by end of Feb. and I love snow. Maybe I’m getting old because I welcome the dews in summer. 

I think it is the endless tracking that becomes tiring by end of Feb. It’s a lot of work. I welcome the spring and summer, love it, but not the high dews. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe. It all gets tiresome. Probably why I’m aggravated by a 36hr event dropping 3-6”. We’ve been slammed at work too, so it all combines.

Yea. It all plays a factor. I think the other thing is people want a more normal spring/summer this year. They’ve just about had it with covid and being indoors.