Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

55 minutes ago, HalloweenGale said:

Which town in New England has the best/worst snow removal? In all of the towns I've lived in, in MA in my opinion it's Oak Bluffs followed by Tisbury (Vineyard Haven.) The worst was Nantucket.

how hard can it be to remove snow on the Cape and Islands? it's not like they get anything appreciable :lol:

59 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I had some XRP and ETH that vanished when Bitsane disappeared without a trace. Crypto has a long way to go. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The video out of Ft Worth is some of the most effed up accident footage I've ever seen. It's actually disturbing.

My wife was in a 35 car pile up on the NJ turnpike in 17. Car was hit 5 times, she was fine but damn truck drivers don't slow down for anything.  Saw it SB Sunday.  TTs going 60 on the interstate when everyone else was doing 35 to 40

8 hours ago, Whineminster said:

GM seems like a good long term hold.  Wish I bought in at $15.  They're not going anywhere soon. 

I made the best return of my life buying deep OTM puts in GM in early Feb last year. The $25 strike was literally pennies. I got out a little early before it bottomed, but it was a pretty wild few weeks. Ditto for puts on Boeing and Southwest. Sadly my TSLA short didn't work out as well lol. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HalloweenGale said:

You'd be surprised.

I'd expect snow removal to be bad there.  Snow removal is bad in places that don't get snow regularly, as it represents an expensive investment for municipalities, for what is ultimately only an occasional problem. Compound that by the fact that it's largely deserted in the winter, and it's a recipe for that occasional big storm to overwhelm limited resources. It's the same reason why a place like Nashville can't handle three inches. Well, that and the drivers.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The video out of Ft Worth is some of the most effed up accident footage I've ever seen. It's actually disturbing.

131 cars involved.  101 to hospitals, 6 dead.  Meanwhile when an EF-3 ripped straight through Dallas last year, zero dead.  Puts things in perspective in terms of risk.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

My wife was in a 35 car pile up on the NJ turnpike in 17. Car was hit 5 times, she was fine but damn truck drivers don't slow down for anything.  Saw it SB Sunday.  TTs going 60 on the interstate when everyone else was doing 35 to 40

That video you retweeted was horrific... I couldn't imagine that.  And what your wife went through was terrible

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Couldn’t find the last one but I like your angle...Mining and precious metals.

Yeah.... I’m just kind of screwing around really lol. I made a couple hundred bucks on SNDL though.

If those things jump at all tomorrow morning, I’ll probably dump em.

We play the game 

also** it was $AUMN sorry, typo

14 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

So..... I am a more conservative investor. I bought into $sndl just for a little fun. Lost today. Should I cut losses? @N. OF PIKE @bch2014

If it’s money that you don’t need right now it will probably come back over even for you if you set it and forget it.

It’s RSI is short term bearish because it is currently overbought.  The company’s fundamentals are OK as a longer term hold. 

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah.... I’m just kind of screwing around really lol. I made a couple hundred bucks on SNDL though.

If those things jump at all tomorrow morning, I’ll probably dump em.

We play the game 

also** it was $AUMN sorry, typo

Me too but being focused on specific sectors and digging deep for value plays is how I have approached it. Keeping it simple while diversifying a bit, but pounding what I feel strongly about.