Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

50 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Next time your "eyeballing" we will make a note to cut it by 50%.

heh...I still had some on the deck railing from the last system so I was trying to judge it by the drop off in snow along the vehicles. I guess the shadows on the north side made it look steeper than it really was.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

heh...I still had some on the deck railing from the last system so I was trying to judge it by the drop off in snow along the vehicles. I guess the shadows on the north side made it look steeper than it really was.

I'm going to go with your eyes are getting bad, It starts around 40.       lol

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm going to go with your eyes getting bad, It starts around 40.       lol

The macular degeneration is already setting in. I have a little black shadow spot in the FOV from my right eye. Plenty of floaters too and not the fun ones in the bowl.

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

This winter gets a D- at this point

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

With 2 double-digit snows?  Each bigger than any I've had this winter or last?   Looking at all the previous 22 winters here, I'm a weak D/D- thru Jan. 31, D for snow, D- for temps.

Noted on that AN table that the only NNE locale is CON, which is more CNE.  Not surprised.

• Sad 1

With 2 double-digit snows?  Each bigger than any I've had this winter or last?   Looking at all the previous 22 winters here, I'm a weak D/D- thru Jan. 31, D for snow, D- for temps.
Noted on that AN table that the only NNE locale is CON, which is more CNE.  Not surprised.
Meh, the lack of snow last month and AN temps killed it for me. In another week, we're on the downside of winter. I'd much rather stock the snow from mid dec to mid March, but never plays out that way any more. Skiing was great today thoughPXL_20210205_192930306.jpgPXL_20210205_183122367.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

The macular degeneration is already setting in. I have a little black shadow spot in the FOV from my right eye. Plenty of floaters too and not the fun ones in the bowl.

I had cataract surgery and ever since I have one in my left eye, only get when I move my eye so if I stare at something my vision is good, damn thing is annoying though.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

CON wouldn’t be on the list if they didn’t pick up 2 feet in the mid December storm.

About time.

As Connecticut moves toward legalizing marijuana for recreational purposes, a new bill thrusts the equitable treatment of communities of color — and other groups adversely affected by the failed war on drugs — into the center of the debate that would appropriate state funds to develop a legal cannabis pipeline for workers previously convicted of cannabis crimes

The bill would also allow local Native American tribes to open cannabis operations, authorize UConn to grow its cannabis research programs and — notably — permit each adult in a household to grow up to six marijuana plants at home.

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Those count though.

So does the most horrid Grinch storm ever.  Checking N. Maine records, Van Buren temps were 41° AN on 12/25.  30° departures tend to set monthly records; 40s break all time station records.  The local co-op in Farmington has one in 128 years and NYC one in 152.  (Both set on 12/30/1917)

• Like 1