Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It's funny, as long as 1 of the big ones shows a snowstorm I don't care if they switch around. Signal is there for something fun, that's what matters to me right now.

You don't think the CRAS is one of the big ones?  You MEANIE!!!!

Thought I'd post this in here... even though we aren't in Boston... this is still pretty cool stuff to watch and learn about.  Pretty neat... thanks @MegaMike

1 hour ago, MegaMike said:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but KBOX has been posting webinars for quite a while now on their YouTube channel. Topics include case studies, basic forecasting techniques, and more. It's great for weather enthusiasts.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NWSBoston/videos

For more technical concepts, I'd recommend MetEd: https://www.meted.ucar.edu/index.php. MetEd has modules for almost anything.

25 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I am fine with him. He likes to post the twitter weather geek stuff. Some of it is interesting. 

He seems generally OK, but I honestly have no idea what any of his posts mean. Porting mages of 10hPa stuff or whatever and just saying "This is really interesting from Eric" doesn't do anything for me. To each their own, of course.

38 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm not particularly interested in any potential near term threats can anyone update me on how soon any positive pattern will break down before it even starts?

I'd like to know how soon I can make a definitive call on how warm it'll be four weeks from now, because I want to drop the bad news first.

• Haha 1

HOLY ****BALLS THE PATTERN IS BREAKING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---FRD

I honestly can't tell anymore who is posting what in good faith and who is trolling and who has an agenda to find warmth no matter what etc. It gets kinda old.  I know people like the Panic Room stuff but I thought the original purpose of that thread was for people to go there to post their panic. Now, people post shit everywhere to try and induce panic etc. Sorry to be all get off my lawn, but, there you go. I turn a dreaded round number tomorrow and my lawn needs to be left alone, I find, as that number approaches.

Also, I have yet to see one snow flurry this year.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I didn’t read his post like that, so I disagree there, and given Frd’s posting history I think he’s posting content in good faith.

But you’re right that TPR is supposed to be a place for people to melt, and honestly not take themselves too seriously during the inevitable rough stretch during winter. 

RIGHT......said FRD

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

HOLY ****BALLS THE PATTERN IS BREAKING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---FRD

I honestly can't tell anymore who is posting what in good faith and who is trolling and who has an agenda to find warmth no matter what etc. It gets kinda old.  I know people like the Panic Room stuff but I thought the original purpose of that thread was for people to go there to post their panic. Now, people post shit everywhere to try and induce panic etc. Sorry to be all get off my lawn, but, there you go. I turn a dreaded round number tomorrow and my lawn needs to be left alone, I find, as that number approaches.

Also, I have yet to see one snow flurry this year.

iu-2.jpeg.00fa8b0129964b837c5820e0d84f0a14.jpeg

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic