• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December Banter 2020

George BM

I’m fully set for next week. Let’s rock 2 storms! Anyone need a drink!? Knew I had a reason to especially grab that Troegs Double Blizzard DIPA. :lol:  :drunk:

PS—If you’re not a beer fan, you are more than welcome to steal my kids chocolate almond milk...and eggs (but those are mine) 

8FFF858C-3C4A-40C5-88F9-53151594E8CF.jpeg

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I’m fully set for next week. Let’s rock 2 storms! Anyone need a drink!? Knew I had a reason to especially grab that Troegs Double Blizzard DIPA. :lol:  :drunk:

PS—If you’re not a beer fan, you are more than welcome to steal my kids chocolate almond milk...and eggs (but those are mine) 

8FFF858C-3C4A-40C5-88F9-53151594E8CF.jpeg

Dude? Pimento Cheese? :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, mattie g said:

It’s amazing the Goose Island can pump out an amazing beer like BCBS year after year after year, especially at their volume. Incredible.

One of my go to places has a few bottles left from a year ago on sale. I have been bypassing it for other stouts, but tomorrow might be the day I pick it up.

23 minutes ago, CAPE said:

One of my go to places has a few bottles left from a year ago on sale. I have been bypassing it for other stouts, but tomorrow might be the day I pick it up.

Do it. They won’t be missing any of their quality when fresh, and because they pasteurize those beers now they don’t change much at all over time.

It’s just so freakin’ good every year. I’m all about  buying from local breweries (and I certainly do that), but BCBS makes it so hard to justify buying arguably lesser-quality barrel-aged stouts at a higher price point.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

arg, i hate the event as shown for next week. i always sit right at the edge of snow/rain and it sleets for hours instead. 

Finally looked at euro imby, it’s close to sleet. But damn is there a lot of precip between 150-156hrs, that’d be a hell of a thump for those cold enough 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Only storm I remember that sleeted for many hours was in January 1994 . Totaling 5-6 inches lol. And 20 miles to the north got a foot+ of snow .

That sounds terrible. I was in AA county at the time, so it probably rained. I was 9 lol

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Only storm I remember that sleeted for many hours was in January 1994 . Totaling 5-6 inches lol. With temps 18-22 degrees too .And 20 miles to the north got a foot+ of snow .

That one might have been February. Storm formed along a stalled front and was supposed to snow here but ended being an absurd sleet storm. Nyc had like a foot of snow I think. That January was notorious for ice.

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Only storm I remember that sleeted for many hours was in January 1994 . Totaling 5-6 inches lol. With temps 18-22 degrees too .And 20 miles to the north got a foot+ of snow .

MLK storm. That was epic. It started the most memorable week of work for me. The whole week was bitter cold. I worked outside from 6am-11pm for 6 days. 

20 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was in college in central PA. Absurdly awesome winter that year...and then again in ‘95-‘96.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The ice never melted for weeks that year.  Coldest winter of all time for me . Several days with highs below 10 degrees.  I've told this story before about my brother and I using chisels and freaking hammers to get our car tires out of ice several times that winter :lmao:

That had the coldest temp I ever remember as a daytime high. Was single digits. 

I had to thaw frozen water meters all that week. You ever fish out a wrench from the bottom of a water meter filled with water in sub 32° temps?  Imagine almost burning off your face and eyebrows when you get a flare up of natural gas when you use a propane torch to thaw a frozen meter for a homeowner so desperate for water they give you cash. Had to refuse or get fired. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic