Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

9 hours ago, H2O said:

That had the coldest temp I ever remember as a daytime high. Was single digits. 

I had to thaw frozen water meters all that week. You ever fish out a wrench from the bottom of a water meter filled with water in sub 32° temps?  Imagine almost burning off your face and eyebrows when you get a flare up of natural gas when you use a propane torch to thaw a frozen meter for a homeowner so desperate for water they give you cash. Had to refuse or get fired. 

I have a hard time remembering the 90s.. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Wait? I'm not getting 5 inches of mash potatoes followed by a foot of powder on Wednesday? Say it so lol.

i havent looked that closely, but monday is iffy IMBY, def won't be snowing for you. 

Just now, 40westwx said:

should we make a thread?

NOT YET

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

how could you forget? churning butter, running to the crick to get water while going uphill both ways without shoes and your horse drawn buggy. 

That’s was in the 1920s. Pa told me in April 1930 I fell off the family wagon going to town for ma’s corn meal and castor oil. Fell down a ravine and hit my head on a Boulder. Put me in a coma. They only found me after old man Linus saw me while out foraging for salmonberries 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

that's even better.  I was thinking of the fancy ones with the crescent moon window carved out of the top of the door. :-)

Oh no, that was only for the rich folk. Those even had bench seating for two.  Mayor burgermeister meisterburger had one of those

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, H2O said:

That had the coldest temp I ever remember as a daytime high. Was single digits. 

I had to thaw frozen water meters all that week. You ever fish out a wrench from the bottom of a water meter filled with water in sub 32° temps?  Imagine almost burning off your face and eyebrows when you get a flare up of natural gas when you use a propane torch to thaw a frozen meter for a homeowner so desperate for water they give you cash. Had to refuse or get fired. 

The coldest temp I have ever exp in my life was Jan 1 2018.. I was driving Uber in Ocean City.. i think it got up to 12 but the wind chill was way below 0.  I have been skiing in sub zero temps.. but nothing compares to that day in OCMD.  

2 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

The coldest temp I have ever exp in my life was Jan 1 2018.. I was driving Uber in Ocean City.. i think it got up to 12 but the wind chill was way below 0.  I have been skiing in sub zero temps.. but nothing compares to that day in OCMD.  

You need to get out more if your coldest ever temp was in Ocean City in 2018. 

8 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

that's even better.  I was thinking of the fancy ones with the crescent moon window carved out of the top of the door. :-)

lol there is a house up the road from me that has a legit outhouse on the side with one of those windows. i wonder if they use it?

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

That’s was in the 1920s. Pa told me in April 1930 I fell off the family wagon going to town for ma’s corn meal and castor oil. Fell down a ravine and hit my head on a Boulder. Put me in a coma. They only found me after old man Linus saw me while out foraging for salmonberries 

did you also drown while trying to forge the river? hope you had the chance for picking double before linus found you.

3 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

The coldest temp I was ever in was that week.  But the coldest day I’ve ever worked in was a day when temps were in the 40s. Forecast was sunny and 50s and it stayed cloudy and in the low 40s. I dressed for 50s. So where I was working was windy as well. No sun, wind, 44° and I was in a tshirt and light jacket. That sucked

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol there is a house up the road from me that has a legit outhouse on the side with one of those windows. i wonder if they use it?

My uncle bought an old farm off on Garret road right on the Mason Dixon line and had one too.  We used to love using it as a kid....strictly #1 though. 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

did you also drown while trying to forge the river? hope you had the chance for picking double before linus found you.

No.  There was a glittering Boulder that kept the water down enough to fjord the river.  Not yet. My skill level isn’t high enough yet. Pa has me working on fishing more. Soon I’ll be angler level

1 minute ago, toolsheds said:

My uncle bought an old farm off on Garret road right on the Mason Dixon line and had one too.  We used to love using it as a kid....strictly #1 though. 

LOL thats a great memory in all seriousness. 

Just now, H2O said:

No.  There was a glittering Boulder that kept the water down enough to fjord the river.  Not yet. My skill level isn’t high enough yet. Pa has me working on fishing more. Soon I’ll be angler level

lol i'm a dummy with forge. fjord was the word i was looking for

also.. LOL

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic