Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

41 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

HOLY ****BALLS THE PATTERN IS BREAKING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---FRD

I honestly can't tell anymore who is posting what in good faith and who is trolling and who has an agenda to find warmth no matter what etc. It gets kinda old.  I know people like the Panic Room stuff but I thought the original purpose of that thread was for people to go there to post their panic. Now, people post shit everywhere to try and induce panic etc. Sorry to be all get off my lawn, but, there you go. I turn a dreaded round number tomorrow and my lawn needs to be left alone, I find, as that number approaches.

Also, I have yet to see one snow flurry this year.

Happy early 20th Birthday!! :D 

30 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Beer talk.

We're still at the the top in WV!  https://brilliantstream.com/2020/12/top-15-wv-breweries-on-untappd-2020/#more-183139

Now if we could only get more snow . . .

Congrats! I am not wishing away winter but looking forward to next summer when (hopefully) Stumptown is open without restrictions.

35 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Beer talk.

We're still at the the top in WV!  https://brilliantstream.com/2020/12/top-15-wv-breweries-on-untappd-2020/#more-183139

Now if we could only get more snow . . .

Congrats!  Looking forward to coming out to try that Russian Imperial Stout.....and finally seeing some snow.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

12Z GFS is beautiful for the Shenandoah Valley on Wednesday. Winchester gets pummeled midday Wednesday. We lose the surface temps. But that is a dumping. 

how often does snow before warm air racing in actually work out? i feel like that usually ends up sucking for many in the end. 

26 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Congrats!  Looking forward to coming out to try that Russian Imperial Stout.....and finally seeing some snow.

Thanks!

You'll have to come out in the winter or spring to have a chance to see either of those.  We don't normally have the BA Stout for sale during the warm months.

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

Thanks!

You'll have to come out in the winter or spring to have a chance to see either of those.  We don't normally have the BA Stout for sale during the warm months.

Good call on that! I'd love to make it out there at some time to see the place and give that beer a whirl!

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Give me a chance to take pictures of the house with Christmas lights and the festive season will be complete.

And I guess giving the kids a chance to play in the snow is nice, too.

You’ll be happy this year! No cheapie snow days! No snow days at all even! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

What does half open mean?  Need to know before I plan a trip up there.  Don't want to drive up and you are closed.

Means we can only have half of our capacity in at a time, which means only 25 people.  During busier nights we have a door person counting and keeping people out until others leave.

Wasn't so bad during the summer and fall, but waiting outside to get in during winter will not be fun.  

We do normally have an expedited line for carry out cans with a few choices.  We sometimes sell can's of the BA Stout (like this weekend) but its more hit or miss as to what exactly is available for can take out.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mappy said:

how often does snow before warm air racing in actually work out? i feel like that usually ends up sucking for many in the end. 

It works here pretty well. Actually that’s probably our most reliable snow out here. Snow to drizzle. Typically a CAD setup but it’s common 

3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

And it beats the hell out of reading the reports of puking snow in DC/ Baltimore while we are staring at cloudy skies.

Well that doesn't happen near DC.  I can tell you 100% that front end thumps are busts.  If we get anything on the front its a few min of wintry then lull or right to melted.  Some places just to my NW might do better but I-95/Beltway east gets whored many times.  

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I didn’t read his post like that, so I disagree there, and given Frd’s posting history I think he’s posting content in good faith.

But you’re right that TPR is supposed to be a place for people to melt, and honestly not take themselves too seriously during the inevitable rough stretch during winter. 

That wasn't meant to be specific to FRD - but the observation was general and it stands from me. The bad faith trolling from some to induce panic or the joking about same is pretty lame.

24 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It works here pretty well. Actually that’s probably our most reliable snow out here. Snow to drizzle. Typically a CAD setup but it’s common 

Oh. its a CAD setup. D'oh. I'm an idiot. 

6 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I know @mappy is pulling for a 12/19 snowfall.  My anniversary is 12/16.  This is the 10th year since we got hitched during a "cold" snow event.  Looks like there's a chance at this early stage that we could be celebrating in the snow.

That's okay! I don't mind, I'm just a weenie when it comes to 12/19 and will always root for snow on that day. Happy early 10 years to you and the misses! 

6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Sadly several decades off...

.... that was the joke, friend. trying to make you feel better. sorry.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean, the Brimley-Cocoon line is a pregnant pause away. Devastating. Sept. 4, 2021 is my Brimley day of reckoning.  Queen Latifah passed the line today, according to that site...

I just looked at that.  I'm still good for a while.  And by while I mean still too close but not imminent 

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Well that doesn't happen near DC.  I can tell you 100% that front end thumps are busts.  If we get anything on the front its a few min of wintry then lull or right to melted.  Some places just to my NW might do better but I-95/Beltway east gets whored many times.  

I know,  that was the point of my post. It's one of the few ways we can outscore you guys to our east.  

Hoping for a good storm again one of these years that isn't a forum divider.

59 minutes ago, H2O said:

I just looked at that.  I'm still good for a while.  And by while I mean still too close but not imminent 

I never heard of such a thing. First time reading about it. With that I am less than 60 days away. I will call my situation imminent as well.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic