Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2020

George BM

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

my goal is to get Mappy to like me again. Although i dont think she ever liked me...i never thought she hated me!

I can give you advice on this.

Stop posting. 

Or just act like an adult instead of a petulant baby losing your shit over something you can’t control  

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

I can give you advice on this.

Stop posting. 

Or just act like an adult instead of a petulant baby losing your shit over something you can’t control  

lol i dont think thats the reason. She finds it amusing for the most part

1 hour ago, DTWXRISK said:

yes ... CANT   wait to move there in March

once it gets to late March we can get a beer together -- I'll be 21! See you soon. ;)

56 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Great city not just for snow 

easy enough to drive into the mountains though! and we get most of DC's major storms and sometimes the southern sliders too. could be worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ji said:

when was the last time we had a legit ice storm....like legit(not the VD 2007 storm either) like freezing rain and temps in the low to mid 20s

The early 1990s. The ice storms since then have been garbage. Moderate rain at 31.7 degrees that glazes some bushes or tips over a dying tree in Northern Virginia is not an ice storm. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

once it gets to late March we can get a beer together -- I'll be 21! See you soon. ;)

easy enough to drive into the mountains though! and we get most of DC's major storms and sometimes the southern sliders too. could be worse.

what city is DT moving too? 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

We've had some good ones since the mid 90s but nothing like 94. It  takes the cake . 

A few years ago we had significant ice accretion at 34 degrees lol. Because of the brutal airmass that WAS in place leading up . 

Feb 2014 I think

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Good stuff lol. I think Westminster had a high around -1 or 0 one day  . @Sparky might know for sure 

I seem to recall that Manchester hit -7 on the thermometer we had in the back yard.  We had water pipes which froze under the porch that week. I remember chipping the ice away under the porch to get the door open to get to the pipes.  I had to keep boiling water and dumping on the ice to melt it and the chip really quickly.  That took hours.  

I also commuted to college in the City and that year I had 2 full weeks of class cancelled because of the weather.  I think we had the week back cancelled, had classes for a week and then had the third week off.  

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was in college too. But don't remember cancellations. 

I was talking about high temperatures.  I remember lows being -10 to -15 range a few times. 

I thought the daytime high was somewhere in the -7 range because i remember seeing the temp gauge working on the 2 inch Ice rink.  That was miserable.  

I also remember the foot of snow followed by another inch or two of ice the following week.  I stood on top and trued to jump to break through.....and couldn't  That was a crazy stretch of winter weather. 

Did you live up there back then? 

Just now, mappy said:

People should just start making their own. Might as well. 

Back in the day when that happened it lead to an awful lot of laughs and comic relief. I know I'm on the wrong side of this topic but I enjoyed some of the chaos back then but I understand the desire to not be that way.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Back in the day when that happened it lead to an awful lot of laughs and comic relief. I know I'm on the wrong side of this topic but I enjoyed some of the chaos back then but I understand the desire to not be that way.

i think there is a time and place for them. ellinwoods snow maps are always appreciated, while waterboy has made some hilarious maps over the years. 

People are excited for the chance next week, so I totally get it. I just think some of the snow maps, especially for Monday, are LOL. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

i think there is a time and place for them. ellinwoods snow maps are always appreciated, while waterboy has made some hilarious maps over the years. 

People are excited for the chance next week, so I totally get it. I just think some of the snow maps, especially for Monday, are LOL. 

Hopefully nobody important gets offended and decides to leave the board because of them :hurrbear::ph34r::devilsmiley:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic