Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

58 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I honestly don't cheer away your snow...but you know how these things go. No one was going to melt much today with low sun angle and low dews. The problem comes at some point Sat night/Sun morning when you warm sector and mix those dews in. It won't be one of those 58/58 torches, but could be 50/47 or something before the CAA gets kicking. Hopefully you keep your pack coverage.

Oh no , I’m not expecting to . It’s down to 2-3” . Most will be gone .

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

When was the last time there an actual blizzy on Xmas day?

Christmas Day 2002 will never get better for me.  24" storm total in Albany... Christmas morning arrived with grass visible, and then it was snowing 4" per hour during Christmas dinner.  It was slow to start and then just absolutely hammered during the late afternoon and evening.  Shut down interstates and even local roads were sporting 12+ on them despite decent plowing.

Christmas doesn't get better than a Top 10 all-time storm falling on that date.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Just noticed the 18z GFS ensembles removed all of the blue colors around AK towards the end of the run and replaced them with a growing ridge....Not saying it is right, but just nice to see, plus the -NAO continues through the end of the run.

What’s nice is they are starting to get somewhat weenie-ish for 12/20-21 now. Still a long ways to go obviously but that is looking a lot better than it was even a day or two ago. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So with still full pack and a cool day tomorriw and snow coming Monday , we may just go Sunday PM with partial pack loss 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh no , I’m not expecting to . It’s down to 2-3” . Most will be gone .

Wait...?? So within an hour, you went from “partial pack loss,”   to “most will be gone?”  

Holy smokes?

11 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Classic grinch storm on the gfs. 50s and rain on Christmas Day. We can hardly lock in a snowstorm 48 hours out yet you know the grinch storm is going to come to fruition.

Not long ago the big storm next week was looking like a SNE rainstorm. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

More melting overnight as it stayed above freezing , but still mainly intact. It’ll mainly go tonight but we’ll get it right back Monday. This is 7 days straight of cover. Finally a December with plentiful snow and pack.

rPAMYtF.jpg

Why do you all park in the street?

I was actually surprised at some snow on the cape still left over from the OES earlier in the week. On Thursday we went to Diane’s old job at Heritage Museum in Sandwich to see their lights display. At least the snow made it feel more festive. So far the most festive day this year locally was Halloween. :lol: 

• Like 1