Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, weathafella said:

Long range looking more and more promising.   

Yeah....EPS still trying to look a little grinchy around 12/23-12/24 but you can see it's a little weaker this run....12z GEFS really went the other way and basically kept it winter through Christmas. (maybe still trying to hint at a grinch 12/23, but it's almost gone that run)

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah....EPS still trying to look a little grinchy around 12/23-12/24 but you can see it's a little weaker this run....12z GEFS really went the other way and basically kept it winter through Christmas. (maybe still trying to hint at a grinch 12/23, but it's almost gone that run)

Fully prepared for a festivus grinch storm. Never known the holidays without one. 

2 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

NCEP having issues?  NAM missing in action.

That's how you know big storms loom on the horizon ... 

com's problems - 

I think some annoyed student even did a correlation study up at UML back in the day and found ...something like a .71 correlation coefficients between bombogen cyclones and f'ed up model transmissions, corrupted data or nothing sent at all to DIFAX.  back whence that was pretty much all we had - internet was too new.   

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So with still full pack and a cool day tomorriw and snow coming Monday , we may just go Sunday PM with partial pack loss 

I honestly don't cheer away your snow...but you know how these things go. No one was going to melt much today with low sun angle and low dews. The problem comes at some point Sat night/Sun morning when you warm sector and mix those dews in. It won't be one of those 58/58 torches, but could be 50/47 or something before the CAA gets kicking. Hopefully you keep your pack coverage.

Today was torchy by me. But things look good. If we could have a rockin December, I'd give up a part of Jan. Models look like this has a chance to come true. "Models" = the one GFS one I clicked thru while 2 IPAs deep. Cheers and enjoy model watching. Let the weenies have their fun, every year there's less of a chance for us

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So with still full pack and a cool day tomorriw and snow coming Monday , we may just go Sunday PM with partial pack loss 

Wow. You still have full pack? I have patches around here and there..but, 95% is gone. Looking forward to adding to it early and mid next week. You might lose a bunch Sunday though with temps near 60.