Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

September Discobs 2020

1 minute ago, Stormfly said:

Mosquito heaven!

More like hell lol. When I drive by there on the way home later today, that will probably be a few shallow puddles in the yard. That only happens when it rains excessively in a short time period.

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

More like hell lol. When I drive by there on the way home later today, that will probably be a few shallow puddles in the yard. That only happens when it rains excessively in a short time period.

For the bitten ones, indeed.

Been dealing with them for decades.  It's amazing how little standing water is needed for those SOBs to multiply.
Just a tire left outside can breed an army of those bloodsuckers in short order.

Got 0.9 to go with the 0.5 for Wednesday.  Ready for the beautiful dry weekend.

Speaking of bugs, I hate the way these new Asian Tiger mosquitoes bite all hours of the day.  Also, anyone else notice how LOUD and relentless the annual cicadas have been this summer?  It's hard to enjoy the deck with those things making my ears bleed.

17 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

For the bitten ones, indeed.

Been dealing with them for decades.  It's amazing how little standing water is needed for those SOBs to multiply.
Just a tire left outside can breed an army of those bloodsuckers in short order.

I have a non-tidal "seasonal" wetland on my property and I have to deal with it every Spring. If I dont larvacide, I will have a mosquito heaven(hell) like no other by early May. It dries up as the trees become active and the days longer and warmer, and I have only had some pesky late summer mosquitoes around in the past few weeks. Hopefully all this rain doesn't ramp them up. I am very conscious of not having anything around that can capture and hold shallow water.

8 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Anxiously waiting for first frost to get rid of the bugs once and for all this season.

Stink bugs will be back soon. Those bastards have really ramped up in this area over the last few years. They like spending the winter with me, and I am going to try to make sure they don't this year.

10 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Speaking of bugs, I hate the way these new Asian Tiger mosquitoes bite all hours of the day.  Also, anyone else notice how LOUD and relentless the annual cicadas have been this summer?  It's hard to enjoy the deck with those things making my ears bleed.

Not sure what variety I have here now. Don't think they are the tigers- haven't noticed the stripes- but whatever they are they do bite in full sun. They are on the small side. If I am outside working I have to spray myself.

18 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

They have been annoying this year.

5 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Any easy way to get the amount of rain by location from yesterday? I was trying Wunderground and it switches to the airport for historical! I swear it used to show it for the station!

You should consider joining CoCoRaHS.

.image.jpeg.bc54cbf9be13ad065dcde097bfe7f23a.jpeg

Almost time for first frost/freeze contest.  It’s the most wonderful time of the year..or it will be soon

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a site I can go get the radar images from yesterday? I'm sure there is, but my google-fu is failing me.

I want to see wtf came through and exactly how close I was to it.

Super curious.

1 hour ago, Brianonymous said:

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a site I can go get the radar images from yesterday? I'm sure there is, but my google-fu is failing me.

I want to see wtf came through and exactly how close I was to it.

Super curious.

Not sure About that, but you might find a few screenshots a few pages back on here.

We really don't need a nice moisture tap anytime soon. Back of my house is so waterlogged I've got deep track marks in the grass from the lawn crew doing their work today. In the 10 years I've been in this house ive never seen it so wet. 

Thunderstorm came thru, gust to 37 mph, picked 0.31" of rain and some thunder and lightning. Looking forward to the refreshing air and lower dewpoints over the next few days.

2 hours ago, snowfan said:

We really don't need a nice moisture tap anytime soon. Back of my house is so waterlogged I've got deep track marks in the grass from the lawn crew doing their work today. In the 10 years I've been in this house ive never seen it so wet. 

I'll pray for a drought for u then lol. Could definitely use more  rain up here and preferably :lightning:

58 here so far this morning and the coffee outside hasn’t tasted this good in a while.

• Like 1