• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

32 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah,. you only need about a 500mi correction west in mean track and you'r good.  That's doable in 4 days.

Wouldn't  be the first time

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

looks like most models now have some kind of NS landfall, I have family there so still very interested in how this evolves.

Yes, my sister-in-law and family live in Halifax.

2 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

and we had that storm in the Mediterranean 

Medicane, pretty powerful in Greece from the vids I saw. Peak season now, about to wind down if modeling is right. We will get our annual Halloween ST storm

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

East of Bermuda and peeps still saying there is time????

Yeah, it's only 100mi E of Bermuda but there is still plenty of time to pull the entire hemispheric pattern West 500 mi to have it hit us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

There's gonna be some nasty winds on the eastern side of that as it interacts with the HP off to the NE of it.  Gonna be a tight gradient. 

EURO actually drops mslp to 947 just outside NS before it occluded. Massive expansion of 850 wind field as it transition. 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

EURO actually drops mslp to 947 just outside NS before it occluded. Massive expansion of 850 wind field as it transition. 

It’s a nuke. Very impressive given the tropical origin imo. Let’s hope we can get some monster lows this winter..

Hurricanes at this latitude can do funny things. Lots parts interacting and coming apart with potentially explosive results.

#NovaScotiaStrong
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Hurricanes at this latitude can do funny things. Lots parts interacting and coming apart with potentially explosive results.

#NovaScotiaStrong

Good luck over there. Definitely a serious event if the modeling has it right. Southern shoreline gets rocked as that transition takes place. 

aBq2G2v.png

You already know to do the standard weenie reduction with this one below

zeD719A.png

15 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Good luck over there. Definitely a serious event if the modeling has it right. Southern shoreline gets rocked as that transition takes place. 

aBq2G2v.png

zeD719A.png

113 mph converted!!

35 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Wow tropical cyclone alpha off the coast of PORTUGAL? Who had them in the cyclone pool? Has that ever happened before? (The location not the Greek name)

I was in England 3 years ago when Hurricane Ophelia struck the British Isles.  Main impacts were in Ireland and Wales, but did get a bit breezy around Manchester.  I also have a vague recollection of another tropical storm or hurricane hitting Portugal or Spain a few years ago, but can't recall when.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HimoorWx said:

I was in England 3 years ago when Hurricane Ophelia struck the British Isles.  Main impacts were in Ireland and Wales, but did get a bit breezy around Manchester.  I also have a vague recollection of another tropical storm or hurricane hitting Portugal or Spain a few years ago, but can't recall when.

Ophelia went extratropical 9-12 hours before hitting Ireland. Vince  in 2005 was downgraded to a TD just before landfall in Spain.

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

aBq2G2v.png

zeD719A.png

Looks like my fully bloomed panicle hydrangeas get spared the worst here on the south shore lol

Beta is way east of previous  estimates.. Recon has confirmed .. it will be interesting to see where models go now.. the northern Gulf doesn't  need this

6 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

0z GFS would toss back a relatively short lived but very large E swell Tuesday Pm to N shore of mass Thru Mid coast Maine 

Yikes

Screenshot_20200919-072457_Chrome.jpg