Total Members
    Most Online
    thewriter
    Newest Member
    thewriter
Bostonseminole

SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yup,  12Z GFS brings Hurricane Zeta right over Nantucket hour 252.   The subtropical system in the Mid Atlantic Ocean will be Epsilon.  Look it in!  Will Zeta's name be retired?

Sucker is absolutely booking, too. Would have to think coastal flooding would be quite something.

41 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

closing in on the 10 day window, system need to develop so models get a better handle

...yeah better fire up a thread huh -    lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Not yet, it will just be littered with weenie buns

I know ... it was a joke -  ;)

yeah agreed though... I am seeing the last 3 cycles of the most emphatic model in this debate - being the GFS ... - averaging 120 hours for the closing off a pressure contour ... down in the petri dish of the western Caribbean climate womb of this time of year.  

SO, it's not really day 10 ?    I get what y'all mean though... It's day 10 -ish to get it astride the EC like that. 

Firstly, if the 246 hour position in correct, it is not going over Cape Cod - no way ... 

If a deep tropospheric integrate monster like that is in that position, with that ilk in scale and dimension of troughing approaching the Apps  ... that fugger is going to cut right up the Green Mountain cordillera...   It's fantasy-land time but... it is still - even within that that acceptance - safe to assume the model is 'beta drifting' the track to edge it east... The steering is not situated along that vector ... 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Has this ever happened so idealized ... Just curious. 

GFS_bullshit.thumb.jpg.7ca84830e871f6303486e4f312671bb7.jpg

Donna was almost ideal for a FL to ME hit.

84ngAe2.gif

32 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

Carol.

Timing is going to be of the essence with this storm. Mid-level trough coming in from the west and Bermuda high building west it'll be fun to see how this plays out.

yeah there was one I think that was it - I'll go google it... anyway, cross Cuba there is interesting - the topography at that expanse of the island is flat-ish... 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah there was one I think that was it - I'll go google it... anyway, cross Cuba there is interesting - the topography at that expanse of the island is flat-ish... 

Probably why it barely weakens it once it moves back into open water is my guess.

2 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Now Zeta is a quality hurricane name. That would make me spend the night in an underground fall out shelter with a name like that 

A much scarier name than "Nana" which felt destined to bring you cookies and cocoa before bed.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, klw said:

A much scarier name than "Nana" which felt destined to bring you cookies and cocoa before bed.

True. Nana might have knocked down a tree or three but it would be worth it during presents at Christmas time 

13 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I think Tip's question also has the origination portion to it. Sandy for example originated down there and tracked due north.

image.png.cdf3e38a10b96a2c36ddbd08cf440ef2.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

So where did it go from the gulf, to Nova Scotia?   Lol.  

At this point this is still a Total  Joke! 

Right....what’s great is the thing has been there for like a week....LFG

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Right....what’s great is the thing has been there for like a week....LFG

You’re right....it’s had some staying power. But   If it’s still there on Sunday...might be legit at that point???  We’ll see?