Total Members
    Most Online
    ampongabezo
    Newest Member
    ampongabezo

SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’re doing same thing... looking for rain maps 

LOL, I’m having drinks with Epstein as we mouse Over rain totals in the Catskills.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

70-75kt winds at 925 over CT.

Yeah, it looks robust to say the least. Showed up on 00z last night too. Looking like a higher impact event here in CT, especially along the coast. 

FWIW, the 12z HRRR was just as impressive with winds for tomorrow. I know it's a bit far out of the HRRR range but still noteworthy. 18z HRRR should start rolling within the day

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Fuk

This is definitely looking pretty interesting.  Looking forward to tomorrow evening and a good old fashioned storm thread.

11 minutes ago, wdrag said:

All in NYC forum. I have no answer on how bad, but definitely more serious than first considered when we started the thread days ago.

My preparation suggestion is everyone in our NYC forum have enough cash on hand to weather no power for a while, a full gas tank, and be aware you may not be able to move around in some areas where gusts tear down trees/wires. I could see power out for a week in hard to reach rural areas, if 70 knot gusts materialize. LI/New England and high terrain eastern NYS/nw NJ as well as coastal NJ hit the hardest.  Rainfall... 2-8" most of our area by 9PM Tuesday, maybe a little higher in tonight-Tuesday overlap.  

Will check 5P NHC and try too follow up this eve and Tue am. 

229P/3

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not liking this one bit. I hate damage but to those that get off on it...I wish you all the destruction you can handle. 

I move in 10 days....extended power outages and tree damage is not what I need to worry about, rain would be just fine though

There's actually quite a bit of instability in the early afternoon above some capping.  And shear profiles are already impressive, albeit not as impressive as later on with helicity going bonkers.   At any rate several modes of severe in play...  Conditional risk early, and later on who knows, probably with S CT favored.

1 minute ago, radarman said:

There's actually quite a bit of instability in the early afternoon above some capping.  And shear profiles are already impressive, albeit not as impressive as later on with helicity going bonkers.   At any rate several modes of severe in play...  Conditional risk early, and later on who knows, probably with S CT favored.

Get to watch the Bruins tomorrow and trees flying through the air. 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I would probably get the F out of NYC as the stage is set for Mad Max there if power is lost for days 

Blackouts and riots