Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

Just now, dendrite said:

I believe it's some kind of algorithm used to mechanically mix down wind from a certain level. I think there's rarely any real world validity to the numbers those maps spit out.

Mixing down from like 850-700mb?  How does a model get to 90mph gusts anywhere in New England, ha.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ahh there it is.  I didn't realize it has 850mb as that strong.  I was looking at the GFS and it looked like 50-60kts at H850 in that same area.

I really don't know what to expect. There's caution flags on each side of the spectrum. I wouldn't be surprised if it fails or if it surprises. Not much of a forecast there, but I don't need to make one for this so I'll be sitting back and enjoying watching it play out.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, dendrite said:

I really don't know what to expect. There's caution flags on each side of the spectrum. I wouldn't be surprised if it fails or if it surprises. Not much of a forecast there, but I don't need to make one for this so I'll be sitting back and enjoying watching it play out.

Amen for that, ha.  Some pretty substantial differences still.  At least it's not boring.

Looks like a good ORH ASOS wind direction and track for some gusts coming out of the lowlands to the S/SE.