• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dorkchopper
    Newest Member
    dorkchopper

January 18th Event

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

This winter is so lame. Hope spring comes early, but I’m sure the super blocking and negative NAO will show up in April just in time to make spring miserable. 

At least we have a few days of cold and dry upcoming. Decent chance the outer banks will have more snow than the majority in this sub-forum by mid week.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, H2O said:

Sorry that it fizzled out from DC north. It was sure nice to see and have everyone get in on.  Just hope things are right and more come for y’all later

21 minutes ago, H2O said:

Picked up .6” from that little thump band. Way more than I expected so I’m happier than a pig in shit. 

Temps are cold. 25.6/22. 

Wow, you got about 200% of what I did.  Slight coating, road and sidewalks just wet.  Glad I didn't get up early to watch the "show"

Tracking a nice storm on the models for June!  Let's start a thread! *Sarcasm*

Key this winter is that a trend has set-up and we are obviously on the wrong side of it.  I think we will get a thump storm but it will be between the transition from Winter to Spring IMO.

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

For round two, is Gettysburg to Lancaster still supposed to see snow this PM? I am gonna toss dog in car and head if so.

Some light returns moving into Gettysburg soon . You could meet up with PSU there . He's up there at a love nest I think .:D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mappy said:

Well look at you mr. Living in the tropics, having more snow than me today. Congrats friend :thumbsup:

As the saying goes, it snowed in Cairo once. So I’ll take it!

Fingers crossed you get the best of round 2. :)

Just woke up to a coating here in Burke.

Is that it for the snow event for close in suburbs or do we stand a chance at any snow later?  I haven't really been following since I've viewed this as a non-event.

27 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This winter is so lame. Hope spring comes early, but I’m sure the super blocking and negative NAO will show up in April just in time to make spring miserable. 

I fully expect that to happen.  We'll get an ideal pattern and a couple coastals to give us low 40s and rain in late April/early May.

27 and cloudy.

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

As the saying goes, it snowed in Cairo once. So I’ll take it!

Fingers crossed you get the best of round 2. :)

Thanks, we shall see!

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

I fully expect that to happen.  We'll get an ideal pattern and a couple coastals to give us low 40s and rain in late April/early May.

27 and cloudy.

Nothing worse than a warm winter followed by a cold spring.

8” on the ground here in Richm-

Yeah no. Only a slight dusting of something ontop of roofs and cars. Ground is wet.