Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks like an improving long range on eps today kind of an EPO reload 11-15. 

17 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It does look like we start to lose the EPO block toward mid-month and beyond, but we'll have to see as we get closer that it's not breaking down too quickly which happens often. 

mm... beware 2015 tho -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Good lord at that Euro run from 12z.  

It has 2-M temps here at MVL of 24F at 1pm next Friday....with a couple days not sniffing freezing even at lower elevations.

850s trying to get near -20C in a week, lol. 

Be colder relative to normal than it is warm right now on that prog.

732345D3-60EF-403C-8898-20319EBD9045.thumb.png.2d98fb72185f0ff3435dafbc1d290f84.png

Check out the gfs mid month

The PV pays us a visit

Frigid

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, weathafella said:

I’m confused what this means....

2015 had a propensity to fail the EPO neutralization out in time... Once the initial -EPO explosion took place ( circa 01/15/... ), the D10 and 15 range were consistently having to correct negative as D14 became 13, become 12 ... 8, and on and so on.  While that was happening, opertational versions would emerge new blocking nodes seemingly from nowhere, playing catch-up, usually around the D7 to 10 temporal seam, within the ensemble means. 

I'm not meaning to say this is a redux for 2015 walking through the door Thanks Giving... Just to watch for a similar behavior.  I also suspect that in an AB-phased Pacific/-EPO predominant 30 to 45 day pattern, that type of handling of the EPO domain space is probably more common.  Both in verification and in modeling, the blocking over the Alaskan sector/adjacent will demonstrate some stochastic uncertainty relative to a general longer termed tendency to be in the negative phase state.  Will mentioned '..breaking down too quickly..' and I was offering support for that precedence; you mentioned reload - that too has precedence. 

• Thanks 1