• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Generously endowed flakes coming down quite heavily in up nw. When this band came in, some IP was mixing in, but back to all snow now and the heaviest I've seen today. Might get that magic 8" after all. 

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah just can’t get going here 

I think you guys will be fine somehow. I was on the northern edge of that snow hole for a little and it's just started snowing nicely here. I'll post a video in a second. I was waiting a good hour for that Ellicot city band to make it here though. It's coming and it'll be good.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, poolz1 said:

Nice lt/mod snow falling now....driveway is dusted again.  Radar looking ripe even out this way

Send it up my way lol. Only off and on flurries for much of the day up,here.

Nice big flakes coming down now at a good clip, for the past half hour or there about.  Looks like areas that had been cleared and shoveled are getting covered again.  Will have to measure sometime a bit later.  Thus far, have 7.0" total for this storm where I'm at (as of about noon).

Maybe picked up an inch or so since 9 AM, but finally some serious snow now coming down near DTSS.

Ripping right now in Haymarket.  A very pretty snow falling and definitely some high ratio stuff falling out of the sky right now.  Just finished another shoveling of the driveway and sidewalks and we are just short of 8 inches, maybe we can squeeze double digits out of this.

8 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

This has been a favorite storm for me.  Been snowing for 24 hours.  Rare indeed for my crappy location.  

12 miles down Bristow Rd near me and it's been a different scene. Had 4 hours of ip and zr, then a burst for 15 mins, now just pixie flakes. Just unlucky for now.  

8 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Send it up my way lol. Only off and on flurries for much of the day up,here.

Same here all day man....really didnt think that band would form this far W/N.  I'll set one of my shop fans up and point it NNE for you....best I can do

• Like 1