• Member Statistics

    15,532
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Rowdy2x
    Newest Member
    Rowdy2x
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, das said:

This is your first legit snow here, isn’t it?  If so, congrats. 

Next 6 weeks or so should be fun for you. 

It is! I've waited so long!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

In the last 2 frames of the 0.5° base reflectivity, you can see a band setting up over the beltway in Montgomery/PG county.

We’re doing well in moco so far. Everything is white and it’s coming down at a good clip in Potomac. Rooting for the DC crew. Seems the precip skipped right over them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

18z fv3 pushes the .50 line to the mason dixon. These are just shocking developments

Very light snow starting here. 29/15. Ready for my fringing!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

'You Rang'.....What about the m/d line :D

.50 just south of you but it looks like .40 easy. Once its out on tt we'll have a better idea. Fantastic trends in the short range. Good thing we have wiggle room with the mids and surface! If we were walking the line 24 hours ago it would be a disaster. Lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

It is! I've waited so long!

This won’t be your only one this season. But enjoy. First is always the best. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys! 

 

Ive lurked here for about five years now but never made an account, decided to do so though! Im in Alexandria, north of Old Town and it is not doing much of anything here. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Yep. And the snowfall will be sweet too!

LoL.    How’s it going brother. Haven’t  been posting much because of work stuff.  I’m thinking 6 to 8 for our yards.

31/22  Landscape whitening up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weatherCCB said:

LoL.    How’s it going brother. Haven’t  been posting much because of work stuff.  I’m thinking 6 to 8 for our yards.

31/22  Landscape whitening up

I've been reluctant to move above 4-6" but 6"+ looking better every model suite. Every once in a while we get a reverse bust. Still doesn't come close to all the heartbreak over the years...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This won’t be your only one this season. But enjoy. First is always the best. 

I liken it to going fishing. Sometimes you get skunked on multiple outings, sometimes you get a lot of nibbles. I've gotten 2 years of nibbles since "starting" winterwx. This is my first real possible bite and I'm just trying to set that damn hook.

 

Speaking of which, brother, you and I should go fishing this spring :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

.50 just south of you but it looks like .40 easy. Once its out on tt we'll have a better idea. Fantastic trends in the short range. Good thing we have wiggle room with the mids and surface! If we were walking the line 24 hours ago it would be a disaster. Lol

.4 should be ~6” up here and that’s sweet. Don’t care what happens south of me if I get 5-6”. Hope you get a foot. I’m not like Ji I don’t need to be the jack every time. It’s more about meeting or beating expectations going in and at least covering the ground. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Negnao said:

We’re doing well in moco so far. 

Confirmed in upper MoCo too. Last light in Clarksburg:

B1E33EA5-F3B1-4D8A-984A-B68FB812FD09.thumb.png.56dd7186701bd784bc3b98f988334736.png

and, the obligatory deck pic:

BA01339A-5831-4841-B113-602498B8DEF7.thumb.png.e93ad99828a5837dda2b14e5dc883676.png

I have this one set to time lapse thru midnight Sunday. Should be fun to watch WAA—>coastal—>ULL. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zac1245 said:

Hey Guys! 

 

Ive lurked here for about five years now but never made an account, decided to do so though! Im in Alexandria, north of Old Town and it is not doing much of anything here. 

Welcome to the nut house! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I've been reluctant to move above 4-6" but 6"+ looking better every model suite. Every once in a while we get a reverse bust. Still doesn't come close to all the heartbreak over the years...

True...the heartbreak events tend to stick with you, I agree.  But man, these reverse busts are awesome when they do happen!  Others have said this I think already, but this event kind of makes me think of Jan. 30, 2010.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to see some convective like elements now forming off to my southwest, ahead of the main shield of waa incoming. Most likely a burst of heavy snow or heavy sleet, but either way good to see the radar starting to light up here shortly once again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

I liken it to going fishing. Sometimes you get skunked on multiple outings, sometimes you get a lot of nibbles. I've gotten 2 years of nibbles since "starting" winterwx. This is my first real possible bite and I'm just trying to set that damn hook.

 

Speaking of which, brother, you and I should go fishing this spring :)

Sure. I took Stephen fishing up at Codorus SP a couple times last summer. I’m no expert but we got a few bites. He was excited to catch his first fish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.