• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jstev4506
    Newest Member
    jstev4506
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

18z fv3 qpf. Right or wrong it's the best run in the short range. We'll know tomorrow but the fv3 has been very steady leading in. Model might be pretty good for short range stuff.

fv3p_apcpn_neus_7.png

• Like 5

10 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

28/19 in Arlington.

Decided to head back down to my dorms today so I’ll be doing obs form Charlottesville by the time the storm gets here. I know some people dislike CHO but I hope everyone gets the best storm possible.

Bring it. Not sure why anyone would dislike CHO unless they are a Hokies

• Like 1

Really pretty scene outside.  Light snow falling (flake size definitely improved), coating on grass/mulch, and sidewalks starting to cave.  Am I the only person who doesn’t look at radar once the storm starts?  I just want to enjoy what’s falling and not worry over dry slots and back edges.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Really pretty scene outside.  Light snow falling (flake size definitely improved), coating on grass/mulch, and sidewalks starting to cave.  Am I the only person who doesn’t look at radar once the storm starts?  I just want to enjoy what’s falling and not worry over dry slots and back edges.  

Me too.

I'll look as it's coming, then I dont look again until I deem the storm successful, then I'll look to see if I can "will" some stat padding at the end.  Lol.

If it stops snowing I'll look to see if there is more coming.  But, usually I dont like to look.  Makes me too anxious.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Nothing here.

I’ll stand behind my panic room post made yesterday for IMBY until proven otherwise (hopefully later tonight).

Look Outside

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

That’s me also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I'm the same way!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Hope you keep on reporting snow because man, that's an ugly dry slot behind this initial band of precip.  It looked like it was filling in an hour or so ago but that would really kink things up for everyone.

Holy crap guys. Did you read the models over the past week? Or just look at QPF output?

there are two portions of this storm my man. InItial waa snows and then from the main low. There is supposed to be a gap and lull in precip until this thing gets going and consolidates 

please stop with the jumping over the edge posts 1 hour into the event. 

• Like 1

Just took the dog on a halftime Jebwalk. It is stunning outside. Absolutely no wind at all. Just the crackling noise of the snow bouncing off of things as it falls. Roads and everything else are covered. Just under one inch here N/W of Winchester. 

Snow and 27 degrees.

• Like 8

After the dry slot that appears to be heading for the DMV, what time is the snow supposed to start back up again tonight?

Just now, real said:

After the dry slot that appears to be heading for the DMV, what time is the snow supposed to start back up again tonight?

For folks north of I66 there may be no lull at all. The area of precip in WV is moving west. Radar is filling back in already. We're in a really good spot for this event

• Like 5

Hrrr usually dont do a jump like this but it made a pretty big adjustment this run lol

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_fh14_trend.gif

• Like 3