Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Hope you keep on reporting snow because man, that's an ugly dry slot behind this initial band of precip.  It looked like it was filling in an hour or so ago but that would really kink things up for everyone.

All short range guidance shows the cutoff edge getting close to I66 or thereabouts then it fills back in from the the precip in WV. I dont think the next round is coming from sw va. We'll know soon enough one way or the other 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

All short range guidance shows the cutoff edge getting close to I66 or thereabouts then it fills back in from the the precip in WV. I dont think the next round is coming from sw va. We'll know soon enough one way or the other 

Yep... I think you are right about the West Virginia precipitation. Looks like it's nosing in southwest of Charlottesville now. Fun times ahead.

10 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

28/19 in Arlington.

Decided to head back down to my dorms today so I’ll be doing obs form Charlottesville by the time the storm gets here. I know some people dislike CHO but I hope everyone gets the best storm possible.

Bring it. Not sure why anyone would dislike CHO unless they are a Hokies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Really pretty scene outside.  Light snow falling (flake size definitely improved), coating on grass/mulch, and sidewalks starting to cave.  Am I the only person who doesn’t look at radar once the storm starts?  I just want to enjoy what’s falling and not worry over dry slots and back edges.  

Me too.

I'll look as it's coming, then I dont look again until I deem the storm successful, then I'll look to see if I can "will" some stat padding at the end.  Lol.

If it stops snowing I'll look to see if there is more coming.  But, usually I dont like to look.  Makes me too anxious.

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic