Total Members
    Most Online
    Gino27
    Newest Member
    Gino27
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

4 minutes ago, Chase said:

I’m under it in Mt Vernon.  Not impressed yet. 

Just kidding. Better now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Latest RAP is loltastic...runs warning criteria snow right up to Trenton, NJ.  DC gets closed to a foot of snow. No way that happens.

I'm hugging real tight lol

29/23

Tiny  flakes past 30 minutes 

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

-SN in Charlottesville with no returns overhead, nice to see that persistent precipitation with no returns happens throughout the seasons.

Hope you keep on reporting snow because man, that's an ugly dry slot behind this initial band of precip.  It looked like it was filling in an hour or so ago but that would really kink things up for everyone.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Hope you keep on reporting snow because man, that's an ugly dry slot behind this initial band of precip.  It looked like it was filling in an hour or so ago but that would really kink things up for everyone.

Oh, it is real, been in it for about an hour.....

Dust-like white particles falling for about the past half-hour here in Parkville. Finally starting to change the colors of car rooftops. A tad early according to forecast but I guess it's officially begun...

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

All short range guidance shows the cutoff edge getting close to I66 or thereabouts then it fills back in from the the precip in WV. I dont think the next round is coming from sw va. We'll know soon enough one way or the other 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

All short range guidance shows the cutoff edge getting close to I66 or thereabouts then it fills back in from the the precip in WV. I dont think the next round is coming from sw va. We'll know soon enough one way or the other 

Yep... I think you are right about the West Virginia precipitation. Looks like it's nosing in southwest of Charlottesville now. Fun times ahead.

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

What's the HUUURRR saying?

It says my yard is supposed to get less than .05 qpf by 7pm. I'm prob already over that so the event is overperforming already

• Like 1

Driving back from Lexington to DC, flakes coming down real hard near Strasburg (roads seem fine though-VDOT was out in force this morning getting ready)  

dont worry not texting and driving here-i’m not the one driving :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Fill-in seems to be in motion.