• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Snow13
    Newest Member
    Snow13

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

I'm right on a line with @WVclimo and can report we have 8.1 inches on the ground. Seeing reports from CTP mentioning 11.1 in the area, but not sure I believe it. This has been an awesome spot for wave 1.

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

8.2” and still snowing.

EF74180E-B059-4C23-B5E4-AC18A07EFDCD.jpeg.f85b54aa091d2e4d6226f0409a5ae1b1.jpeg

Man. Thats awesome. I missed the heavy stuff by 10-15 miles. Got stuck in a lull all day. I got 3.2 here.

• Like 1

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

I am confused over back-building obs already - are we not waiting on the initial bands to form overhead and overspread the area first?

Still some lift going on with a boundary draped over us. Mesos show it ongoing (and the globals) but not much qpf through 2am. Looks like a tenth or two mostly north of the potomac. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Still some lift going on with a boundary draped over us. Mesos show it ongoing (and the globals) but not much qpf through 2am. Looks like a tenth or two mostly north of the potomac. 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Man. Thats awesome. I missed the heavy stuff by 10-15 miles. Got stuck in a lull all day. I got 3.2 here.

Same here. Got a lot of pings and then just over 2" while 5+ miles north of me cleaned up. But that's just climo. Looking forward to round 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparky said:

It's been snowing nonstop since around 8:30.  Radar returns developing just south of me and moving northward all day long.  There was some mixing around the noon hours... still snowing.

8:35 start here ..lol . Nonstop here as well . All snow from the get go.

4 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Down to 30.5 and getting dicey icy 

Same here North of Colesville. 31 with light snow.

1 minute ago, Sparky said:

It's been snowing nonstop since around 8:30.  Radar returns developing just south of me and moving northward all day long.  There was some mixing around the noon hours... still snowing.

Yeah. It never stopped snowing here. But I only had the heavy stuff for the first 3 or 4 hours. After that it was just non stop light snow all day. And it was powder. Not snowball making wet snow Which surprised me. Still snowing now. Just very lightly. The models are showing some backfilling later this evening out this way. And of course we are all gonna get smoked tomorrow.

NW of Winchester. Light Snow 27 degrees

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

8:35 start here ..lol . Nonstop here as well . All snow from the get go.

Pretty sure we had no sleet here at all even a brief mix in.

Light snow started again (different than the really light sleet drizzle) in SE DC... cooler spots are completely white now (grass/mulch/porch), while sidewalks are getting icy and roads are fine (they just salted the neighborhood streets). Nice to see the returns come back over DC and points north.

Temp has fallen below 32... now 31

• Like 3

Under that blossom in West Baltimore County. Confirm SN+ 

Confused by this blossoming of precip over Baltimore. We were supposed to be lulling by now.